P0671 Glow Plug Code

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
I've been getting a P0671 code for #1 glow plug lately and haven't yet tested it to see if it's muffed or not but was wondering, the TSB http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27185&highlight=glowplug says to replace them all if one is found bad and I was just wondering if anyone new why?

Also, does anyone have an LBZ glowplug kicking around that they don't need? I'd like to just try and replace the one if it is indeed bad and see what happens. What's a set of them worth anyways??

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
I've been getting a P0671 code for #1 glow plug lately and haven't yet tested it to see if it's muffed or not but was wondering, the TSB http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27185&highlight=glowplug says to replace them all if one is found bad and I was just wondering if anyone new why?

Also, does anyone have an LBZ glowplug kicking around that they don't need? I'd like to just try and replace the one if it is indeed bad and see what happens. What's a set of them worth anyways??

Paid $26.00 for them at GM this past week. I had 4 cylinders bad so I replaced them. Started the truck and wouldn't you know, a completely different cylinder came up so I had to re-do the drivers side.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
$26 a piece or a set? I only coded for one but I suspect with how bad it has been smoking on start-up there might be more than one. Hard to tell though as having no intake heater doesnt help things.
Posted via Mobile Device

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
First off bulletins are written for GM's protection, not customer service! Second, they only apply them to vehicles under warranty.... so with that info they want us to replace all when the vehicle is under warranty to protect their asses from a major repair if one of the glow plugs looses a tip into a cylinder after an electrical surge fuks with the glow plug sys!
Eh!:hug:

Bako_Dmax

GTO Slayer
Apr 3, 2008
Bako
I just replaced one on my LBZ a month ago that was throwing a glow plug code on the # 6 cylinder. I replaced it with an autolite glow plug from autozone, think it was like $12. Took 5 mins to change and the code is gone w/ no issues.

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
#2 went on mine yesterday. Wish I had been writing them down as I replaced them I know I've about done them all !

tinman22

Feb 17, 2007
Stillwater NJ
you can just change one. I have had 3 go bad ( 2 months apart from each other) and I have one spare standing by for the next one to crap out. in hind site. I probably should of just done all of them on the side that had the bad one since its so easy to do and just takes time removing the wheel well liner each time.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Of course the bad one would be on the side opposite to the inner fender that I need to replace!
I guess it's off to GM when I get a day off.......