P0652 & P2228

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
Drove home last night about 100 miles and truck ran fine, started it up this morning and backed out of the garage. I had no throttle at all, smash the pedal to the floor and it doesn't do anything.

I have 2 codes
P0652 5-volt reference 2 circiut low voltage

P2228 Barometric Pressure Circuit Low.

I looked around and can't seem to find any broken wires. I found the the Baro sensor and it's wires are all good. could the sensor be bad?

If I use my Edge to monitor Accelerator Pedal Position while i have the codes I get 10% max

I did some googling and it says the p0652 circuit ties the a/c pressure, engine oil pressure and fuel rail pressure. I unplugged each corresponding sensor one at a time and restarted the truck. nothing seemed to make a difference.

When I unplug the Turbo Vane Sensor I get my pedal back and lose the P0652 & P2228, they are replaced with P2562 (Turbo Vane sensor)
If I monitor APP at this time it seems to respond as normal. the truck revs up good but obviously the vanes don't respond.
Could it be the Vane Sensor? it would be the second one to go on this truck. (second one is chinese)

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
Does the vane position sensor move at all if you monitor that? If not, remove and manually move the plunger and see if anything changes while you monitor it. I’ve never heard of anybody having much luck with Chinese sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorbok

Jan 31, 2011
Does the vane position sensor move at all if you monitor that? If not, remove and manually move the plunger and see if anything changes while you monitor it. I’ve never heard of anybody having much luck with Chinese sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just went and manually moved the sensor. I didn't check before I touched it. sensor seems fine until I completely collapse it and it goes from 0% to 100% ??
I put the sensor back in and now the truck seems to start and run fine. :mad: Either the sensor has a ground fault and I straightened it out when I was fiddling with it or there is a short in the wiring that some how un shorted itself since this morning.

I can't trust it to keep driving it like that. If I have some time tomorrow my plan is to set up my edge in the engine bay and keep wiggling wires until the code hopefully comes back.

I have read a few places maybe the ECM. I might have to bite the bullet and take it to Chevy. would be nice to at least have the codes present when I take it in.

Last edited: