P0341 and P0374

Grizzly5531

Super Slow
Nov 27, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
Posting this for a buddy

Does anyone know if these two codes may be related. The truck just turns over but won't fire. I'm not sure what to tell him except change the cam sensor. Any help would be appreciated.

Truck is a 2004 LLY, has AD-150, race valve, EFI tune, Ported cp3 fitting.

Last edited:

Canadian Cowboy

May 2, 2011
Detroit,MI-Windsor,ON
Yes they are related.
P0341 code basically means that the powertrain control module (PCM) detected a problem with the camshaft signal. The camshaft position sensor (CPS) sends a specific signal to the PCM for Top Dead Center on the compression stroke as well as signals indicating the position of the cam sensor.

PO374 Code means the engine control module (ECM) replicates the signal received from the crankshaft position (CKP) sensor. This signal is sent to the fuel injection control module (FICM) through the engine speed signal circuit. The FICM uses this replicated signal to generate injection current and control the recharge of the fuel injection high voltage circuits. When cranking, the FICM has full control of the fuel injectors. The only input the FICM uses at this time is the engine speed signal from the ECM. The FICM monitors the signal along with the injection request signals from the ECM after the engine is running. If there is a problem with this signal, a DTC could set.

CC

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
pm sent. I would pull out the crank position sensor and feel inside to see if the reluctor wheel has come loose. my truck had this problem two weeks ago and We fixed another local truck this past weekend.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
no not yet havnt had the time i have been working overtime.. yet i was meaning to get ahold of u and maybe get some more information if thats ok.. phone broke yesterday so i couldnt do that either

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
when it rains it pours! I'll be glad to talk to you about this. I have time right now or it will have to be later. I have a baby class with my wife I'm attending tonight at 6:30 till 9ish. Tomorrow afternoon would work too

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Kinda sucks on my part since I have been working nights and sleep during the day I didn't have time to tear into it myself so the dealer stuck it to me.. new water pump tho. Let's just say I could have purchased a ppe v for the same price it was to have those guys fix.it uggh..

Schwinn68

little gearhead
Jan 9, 2008
Minooka IL
I would have gladly flown down and could have had it back up and running the same day. Could have saved you a bunch of money and I would have had a paid vacation out of it.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Thats just my luck ha I would have greatly appreciated that man Damn but it is what it is man .. figures tho everytime y work ur ass off and think ur gonna get ahead something comes up..

AKDZL

Nov 20, 2012
Saint Paul Island Alaska
Pulled the crankshaft sensor, and the reluctor wheel moves forward and backward. So I am going to start tearing into it. Any suggestions to make it easier, please feel free. Was wondering if I should take the grill, radiator and etc. off to make an easier access to the front of the motor? Is there any special tools I might need like a puller for the front cover, pulleys, or balancer? Please anything to help. Going to start in the AM.. Thank you guys for the great information on these trucks.