P02CD after installing tune

BOOSTED_LML

May 16, 2016
Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a quick question. I've got a 13 lml, the truck is fully deleted running efi live. When I bought the truck it was tuned with efi live but I had no clue what brand tunes or anything so I ordered new tunes, flashed the tunes on and instantly got a p02cd code. Truck has 30k miles. Can cyl 1 injector be bad or is it the tune that's off on the injector tables?
Mike

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
^^ yeah. Did you even contact them?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

BOOSTED_LML

May 16, 2016
Ya I contacted them. They acted very ignorant. They said that it's definitely not their tunes because none of the other hundreds of lml's they tune threw injector codes....that was the response I got from them

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Good luck with anarchy. They just f'd over my brother in law. Same story - none of our other trucks do that. In his case the truck wouldn't downshift from 6th worth a damn ('12 Cummins). He tried to work with them for three months. I went for a ride with him and then fixed the tune in 5 mins. They screwed up. Worst part is that they don't even know how to fix it. It's my understanding that they are just a third party reseller and don't know how to do any real tuning. That makes sense based on the situation that we were involved in.

BOOSTED_LML

May 16, 2016
If I swap injector 1 with injector 3 or 5 and see if I still throw a cyl 1 injector code? Would that determine if my injector is bad or not?

anarchydiesel

Feb 7, 2011
Good luck with anarchy. They just f'd over my brother in law. Same story - none of our other trucks do that. In his case the truck wouldn't downshift from 6th worth a damn ('12 Cummins). He tried to work with them for three months. I went for a ride with him and then fixed the tune in 5 mins. They screwed up. Worst part is that they don't even know how to fix it. It's my understanding that they are just a third party reseller and don't know how to do any real tuning. That makes sense based on the situation that we were involved in.

First off, we are not a third party. All of our tuning is done in house by myself. Your brother in law was not very good at getting us the info needed and we only sent him 1 retune to try and rectify his complaint. After that he just demanded his money back. We did not refuse to work with him, it was very much the other way around. And trust me, given the proper feeback we can do just about anything. I have access to a lot more than your average keyboard puncher in terms of tune file editing. Most likely your brother in laws complaint would have been addressed with our latest trans tuning release, but we did not get that opportunity since he tried to file for a fraudulent transaction with his bank. I also doubt seriously that you "fixed" his issue since it is highly unlikely that you have the equipment, information, or binary/hex editing ability to make the necessary background changes to make a truck with the modifications his does function without being in limp mode and Keep his dash from looking like a Christmas tree.

To the OP, you have been informed correctly that none of the other trucks we have tuned have given that same code. There are literally hundreds of other trucks running the same base files as you are problem free. There is absolutely nothing in the tune that we can do that will only affect one injector. All injectors are fed the exact same info from the tune and only adjusted based on the balance rate feedback calculated within the ecm. The code indicates a definite hard part issue of some sort. If there were something we could to to fix your issue we would, but not everything is tuning related. It is very possible that the truck had the issue prior to loading our tuning and the other Tuner had just killed the code off. We see that quite often. We will not kill off any codes that are necessary to aid in diagnosing an issue and will not just kill a code off to get a truck going (think used carlot). Our integrity is more important to us than that.

Last edited:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
he gave you plenty of feedback and logs and your staff kept asking the same questions over and over again and taking forever. 3 months is enough time. The claim with his Discover card was because you still could not deliver a usable suite of tunes. The revised tune that you sent at least didn't black out the damned highway, but you cut the balls out of it for power... and STILL didn't fix the downshifting problem. He rightfully has a total lack of confidence. You're hiding behind your no returns policy to cover up for the fact that you can't tune a fixed vane swapped truck correctly. Why should you need more attempts, haven't you embarrassed yourself enough in the prior attempts?

As for doing your own tunes, I'm shocked that it was impossible for you to just do what he asked -- which is to make the damn truck downshift! I looked at your tune and you actually raised the effort required in the lower regions of the downshift tables of 6-5, 5-4, and 4-3 compared to stock -- that makes no sense on a straight vane swapped rig. I lowered them back down to stock in F0061, F0021, etc. It took all of a minute and it isn't rocket science. Funny enough, the truck actually downshifts and drives nicely now. It must be magic.

I'll have to believe you that you're doing it in house though, because when Bentley wrote your tunes they were a lot better with the H&S tuners you sold.

As for the smoke and mirrors of your post with regards to the tuning, that's laughable. But then again, looking at your timing and fueling maps alone show that you are only capable of making top and power with no regards for a truly pleasurable overall package. Maybe you'll figure out one day that people don't just want power stuffed in up top, and would appreciate a tune that is responsive and clean all over the area under the curve where they drive the truck 99% of the time!

FWIW, I looked at the Hex... you got "most" of the 68RFE mods done correctly. Since it's spoon fed to you and revtech from a 3rd party that I know... I guess you can at least copy some things ok.

But what do I know. Since I moved the shifting back to stock and it works great, I must have screwed something up. :rolleyes: Us dumb keyboard punchers out there just bow to your superiority. Because of course you must be the best and the only gig in town.

For anyone interested, here's a file for educational purposes.

Attachments

• CSPMOD_3C6UD5DL4CG327189_ul_0000.ctz
    2.6 MB · Views: 32

BOOSTED_LML

May 16, 2016
Well I figured out the problem. I guess each injector has its own code that's so many digits and letters long. Cylinder 1 was off so I changed it with my snap on modis and everything seems fine now. As to anarchy diesel, your customer support is terrible plain and simple. Instead of trying to work with me and give me options that might be wrong you just sit there and say it's not the tune that's all I can say. I've had other tunes from other companies and if there was and issue they get right on the phone and try to help as much as they can. As for you guys, well that's not the case. But the problem is solved for now.

anarchydiesel

Feb 7, 2011
Glad you got the issue fixed. I do really have a hard time seeing where we fell short though. We deal with tuning,. And that is what my tech guys are trained at dealing with. As it stands,. They were correct in saying that it was not tuning related. They did not offer suggestions because we have never encountered that code before. Any advice or suggestion they gave would have been under informed and could have sent you down the wrong road toward fixing the issue. Now, we could have done like the previous tuner of the truck and just killed the code off, but then we could very likely have been trying to deal with the side effects of having an improperly programmed trim code in the ecm. That could lead to power loss, smoking, rough running, etc. Which would have had us chasing our tails trying to fix an issue that again was not tuning related. If your issue had been something we had seen before the tech would have offered suggestions based on past experience to try and help you diagnose the problem. Had the issue truly been tuned ing related we would have proceeded to try and find and fix the issue.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Boosted, yes, since the LBZ, the Duramax has had injector flow rates that must be programmed. The only possible reason I can come up with that the code would have come up after tuning is if your actual stock tune wasn't used, which with a LML, is likely. I find it hard to believe Anarchy hasn't seen it before, unless they had been making tunes by having the customer send in the ECM to get the stock tune extracted and then tuned, but yours was the first they didn't do that way. Maybe they've just been lucky.

But if the LML is anything like the LBZ & LMM, the fix should have been easy and doable with a V2 and I believe Autocal as well. The injector flow rates are stored in the ECM and GPCM. If for some reason, the flow rates in the ECM become wrong, such as an ECM replacement, there is a procedure to copy the flow rates from the GPCM to the ECM. Again, assuming the LML is like the LBZ & LMM, it should have been a 30sec fix with a V2.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

anarchydiesel

Feb 7, 2011
Trim codes are not effected by the tune. They are stored in a separate area of the ecm. We have tuned many, many duramax trucks and have never had that code. The only way a trim code gets messed up is if the ecm is replaced or if it is incorrectly entered using the service tool. Also,The autocal cannot copy trim codes just the v2. It is very likely that the truck has had an injector replaced and the trim code was improperly entered at that time.

Cougar281

Sep 11, 2006
St Louis, MO
Trim codes are not effected by the tune. They are stored in a separate area of the ecm. We have tuned many, many duramax trucks and have never had that code. The only way a trim code gets messed up is if the ecm is replaced or if it is incorrectly entered using the service tool. Also,The autocal cannot copy trim codes just the v2. It is very likely that the truck has had an injector replaced and the trim code was improperly entered at that time.

Actually, yes the Autocal can - if you enable the 'Advanced Menu'. It has the same 'Read GPM Injector', 'Write GPM Injector', 'Read ECM Injector' and 'Write ECM Injector' as the V2.

Yes, it's possible an injector had bend replaced and the new flow rate not properly entered, but that being the case, why did it only pop up after the tune? Either way, when you get a code that is likely or definitely related to an injector flow rate issue, the first and easiest thing to suggest is reading the GPM injector values and writing that to the ECM.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
he gave you plenty of feedback and logs and your staff kept asking the same questions over and over again and taking forever. 3 months is enough time. The claim with his Discover card was because you still could not deliver a usable suite of tunes. The revised tune that you sent at least didn't black out the damned highway, but you cut the balls out of it for power... and STILL didn't fix the downshifting problem. He rightfully has a total lack of confidence. You're hiding behind your no returns policy to cover up for the fact that you can't tune a fixed vane swapped truck correctly. Why should you need more attempts, haven't you embarrassed yourself enough in the prior attempts?

As for doing your own tunes, I'm shocked that it was impossible for you to just do what he asked -- which is to make the damn truck downshift! I looked at your tune and you actually raised the effort required in the lower regions of the downshift tables of 6-5, 5-4, and 4-3 compared to stock -- that makes no sense on a straight vane swapped rig. I lowered them back down to stock in F0061, F0021, etc. It took all of a minute and it isn't rocket science. Funny enough, the truck actually downshifts and drives nicely now. It must be magic.

I'll have to believe you that you're doing it in house though, because when Bentley wrote your tunes they were a lot better with the H&S tuners you sold.

As for the smoke and mirrors of your post with regards to the tuning, that's laughable. But then again, looking at your timing and fueling maps alone show that you are only capable of making top and power with no regards for a truly pleasurable overall package. Maybe you'll figure out one day that people don't just want power stuffed in up top, and would appreciate a tune that is responsive and clean all over the area under the curve where they drive the truck 99% of the time!

FWIW, I looked at the Hex... you got "most" of the 68RFE mods done correctly. Since it's spoon fed to you and revtech from a 3rd party that I know... I guess you can at least copy some things ok.

But what do I know. Since I moved the shifting back to stock and it works great, I must have screwed something up. :rolleyes: Us dumb keyboard punchers out there just bow to your superiority. Because of course you must be the best and the only gig in town.

For anyone interested, here's a file for educational purposes.

They are fishing for info. I wouldnt go telling them how to fix all their issues lol