P0205 injector issue

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I have a p0205 injectors code coming up after fuel knocking pretty bad. Replaced the 5 injector plug with ac Delco part and still have the code. Runs same as before, runs fine for 10 miles the knocks and raises hell and throws the cel then limp mode. Think it could be the injector itself? It's a 100% over from Lincoln Diesel Specialty with less than 8k on it. At this point any input is appreciated.

Last edited:

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I checked the harness for chafing or anything of that nature and found nothing. Is there a way to ohm test the injector itself? Google pulls up nothing.

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
As much as I wish I could help, I would guess that its wiring/harness issue as well.

Diagnosing stuff like this is so annoying and frustrating. I have dealt with the same issue, but mine is intermittent.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Thanks. Yeah its a pain for sure. I talked to Brent at LDS he said chances of the injector solenoid going out slim to none. I'll look the harness over again when I can get to it. I'm hoping it's just a chafed wire I missed. I was curiousif there was a known or common issue somewhere.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I found a wire on the driver side of the engine at plug that has rubbed through the insulation and was grounding out. Problem solved thanks.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Yeah man thanks for the help. I was sure hoping it wasn't an injector but I wanted to rule out the possibility at least.