P01F0 code related to head gasket??

Soxfan68

Mar 28, 2023
Indiana
I have a 2015 Silverado LML Duramax. Bone stock. All emission system is intact and bone stock. Truck has 133,000 miles on it. Truck runs great. I had a check engine light come on. Pulled the code and it has a P01F0 code. Which made me think there could be an issue with the t-stats or ECT sensor. I checked the coolant level in the morning. It was fine. I opened the degas tank cap to look at the condition of the coolant. When I took the cap off the level in the pressure side of the tank went up like it had a little pressure in the tank. I immediately thought about the notorious head gasket issues. So I drove it around up to operating temp and parked it for the night. The next morning I squeezed the upper hose. It had a very, very little pressure but I wouldn't call it hard by any means. I removed the cap and the level went up again slightly.
I'm wondering what the hose would feel like if the head gasket was bad. Would it be very hard or just slightly? Also is there any relation between the code and head gasket issues??
Thanks for any help.

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Grab your fuse panel lid. Hard? Yes rock hard. If your upper rad hose feels 70% that hard you NEED headgaskets. Any less pressure, count the days..

Soxfan68

Mar 28, 2023
Indiana
I checked it this morning. It felt normal. Definitely not like a tennis ball. So I'm thinking I'll put the t-stats in and an ECT sensor while I'm there and see what happens.
Thank you all very much for your advice. This is a great forum with a lot of good info. 👍🏻

Reactions: 2004LB7