P0102, maf circuit low input. 06 lbz

Saltyfly88

Aug 8, 2012
Hey guys I just got my truck a few weeks ago, It needed some work, brakes and tires, it had a check engine light on. I pulled the code and got a p0102. I changed the air filter, cleaned the maf and checked for air leaks. The code will clear but comes back on after a few starts. It's probably just the sensor but I want to be sure before I spend a few hundred on a sensor. Do any of you guys know how to check the maf or what to do to be sure? Thanks guys

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Is it tuned? If so the code may return no matter what you do. I had one fight me for 3 days before I finally just shut the code off with EFILIVE and it has been going for 8 months with no problems. If you read on the web, you will find many others who have encountered this as well with tuned 06's. If it isn't tuned, then you need to check it for air leaks. Get a scan tool on it first and see what the idle air flow rate is to see if it is actually reading low or not. And the P0102 can take 2 starts to turn the light on, so it may be tripping teh code right away. And also make sure teh MAF is installed in teh correct direction, it is possible to put it in backwards which will give the P0102 code.

Saltyfly88

Aug 8, 2012
The truck is stock, no tune no nothing. Lol

I checked for air leaks and couldn't find anything. The maf is in the right way. I'll hook up a scan tool tomorrow to see what the readings are. Thanks for the help man. I know it running a little rich, It smokes more than normal when revving in neutral.