P0101 & p0103

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Over the course of the weekend I installed a full WC Fab intake bundle, full egr delete, and PCV reroute. After starting truck and letting warm up to purge air from coolant I noticed that occasionally the VGT would cycle like they do upon start up. Went over and checked for DTC’s and found P0101 and P0103. Looked them up in my manual. Did I “bump my maf maybe or what could be the culprit. Truck is NOT tuned. Was doing all of this in anticipation of my dyno tuning next month. Truck runs like an ape despite the codes. Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Cant do an EGR removal without tuning.

Intake pipe diameter change (larger) can pop a MAF code, too.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
You can delete the EGR without a tune but will pop an EGR code eventually. As Tom said, if the intake pipe diameter is larger it can throw off the MAF.

You may want to talk to your tuner and see if they can get you a base file to work with until you get dyno tuned. If your truck is stock turbo/stock injector you, in my opinion, are not going to gain anything from dyno tuning other than a dyno graph. Stock turbo/stock fuel trucks have been tuned for over a decade and don't require any special tune compared to the next guy whereas a truck with big fuel/big air etc requires some special workarounds or different tuning methods (more timing in certain rpm ranges etc).

If you don't mind, you may want to fill out your signature with a little more detail.

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
Cant do an EGR removal without tuning.

Intake pipe diameter change (larger) can pop a MAF code, too.

Absolutely! I knew the EGR and Intake air heat would pop a DTC for open circuit I just didn’t expect the MAF codes. I called Danville today and made an apt for tuning and dyno session for July 16th. Just have to ignore the light till then! :D