Help: P0088 Code, Truck sounds like a PowerStroke, 180,000Kpa Rail Pres.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Threw this code, wont clear, truck sounds like powerstroke now.

Wicked diesels reg. in 2nd cp3 pump, stock reg. in stock pump.

Race valve in FPRV.

Any Ideas?

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
just changed to stock tuning and seems to run fine and rail pressure operates as normal now. Gonna try another tune see what happens.

Dont understand though, I have been running this tune for awhile and have used it alot and never had problems with it.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
i think the regulator is the only thing that can pegg the rail pressure that high unless its being camanded i would bet the stock regulator is at fault do you have access to a tech 2 dont know if it could help ya other then manually camand pressure . maybe someone else will chime in .

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
bad ground on 2nd cp3 or bad controller i doubt its the regulator

i have never seen in detail the dual cp3 kit but have heard of those symptoms from other peoples posts with problems with dual cp3's and the fixes were as you mentioned ,does it take the signal from the stock reg run it through the controller and procsess the signal and command the pressure needed from both cp3's or am i way off ?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I switched out the 2nd cp3 reg with a stock one, still same issue.

I unplugged ppe wiring from stock wiring and just ran stock wireing to stock cp3 reg. and still same issue.

What else do I have to do? Do the fuel lines have to be put back to stock as well?

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
Whats wierd is I just got on it a bit to jump around a car when it did it. I thought it put it in limp mode but it didnt. It ran fine, then I went into eat and came back out and started it and it was doing this condition.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
I tried all kinds of things and nothing. I put everything the back the way it was and now its fine.

Only now after I shut it down, My actual rail psi slowly comes down to 143psi then holds.

There is a humming noise all of a sudden under the hood, it comes from the 2nd cp3 regulator (which is now a stock one) and humms for a few second then stops. If I unplug and re plug 2nd cp3 plug in and out the noise starts and stops each time.

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
OK now it runs fine. However when I first start it after a couple seconds it gets rough and luggy puffs some white smoke with a real heavy lopey idle then clears up and is fine :confused::confused::confused:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
If you are putting the stock wiring back to the stock CP3, you will need to disconnect the fuel line coming from the second CP3 otherwise you will be getting full fuel pressure from that pump.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
So un hook and plug pump?
I would suggest you reroute the belt away from the second CP3, if you can still do that with your kit (so the pump isn't turning). And then disconnect the high pressure fuel line from the second CP3 (so you aren't feeding 26k+ psi back into the pump) and somehow plug the rail.

redws6rocket

Apr 22, 2007
Odessa, MO
we are having the exact same issue with a lbz. for some reason ppe is having problems with there controllers. i would contact dan. we actually got 3 bad controllers in a row!