P0087 limp with LBZ EFI live

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
I've got 07 LBZ with 110k miles on it. Running EFI live trans safe tunes. I keep getting a p0087 code and fuel limp in 60HP tune or higher. Only happens when I hit 80mph or so at full throttle! My tuner says I probably need a lift pump but wanted a second opinion. Does it I'd say 2 or 3 out of every 5 WOT runs! We already installed a PPE FPRV Shim kit. Haven't had a chance to bottle test it. Hoping to get to it soon though! Thanks!

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
You would be good with a FASS or AIRDOG. Fairly easy to install kits if you're not mechanically dumb.

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Get a air dog 165 with the 4g motor. Super quiet and haven't heard of a failure yet. 5 times less noise then their reg motor.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Just to muddy the water, I'll throw my vote in for the KENNEDY pump. EXTREMELY quiet, very low current draw, and plenty of fuel to support most any stock trans truck. I'm well beyond stock trans safe levels, and still doing fine with one of his single pumps(really should go to duals at my level though).

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I'll throw another one in for Kennedy. For the price of another brand system, you also get the upgraded pickup tube and a sweet little primer button :D

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Lift pump is a must, but if you still running a filter in the factory location AC Delco is your best bet. A lot of filters "claim" they will work and simply don't.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona

LBZ_Baker98

Jul 8, 2016
Texas
Might be a fuel filter issue. Have had this prob with an LBZ I tuned.

Okay so I gave the fuel filter some thought and although I did change my fuel filter recently it was a cheap autozone filter. So I went and bought a ac delco filter. When I went to change it my cheap autozone filter was pretty loose. Was able to spin it off by hand with out any struggle at all. Probably could have spun it off with 2 fingers with some effort. Could I have been sucking air? I haven't had time to take it for a WOT run yet but maybe it was sucking air when under pressure? Or maybe I'm delusional? :roflmao: