P.P.E. High flow exhaust manifolds and up-pipes..... Overkill?????

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.

Attachments

• 106_0110web.jpg
    106_0110web.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
im not making crazy HP, but i am very satisfied with the PPE manifolds and up pipes on my truck! very nice pieces, fit perfect too..:thumb:

jacobdewey

This won't last long...
Jan 14, 2011
I'm in the process of getting some headers and up pipes, and these have the most checkmarks in the "pro's" column.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
Ryan, how do they work with your 472 I know you are running stock fuel.

they spool pretty quick.. this engine is so much different than the stocker i dont have a true baseline to go off of.. even with stock fuel, where my old engine would start laying over,(little after the 1/8th) this engine just starts pullin hard !

duramini2001

On a Time Out
Sep 30, 2006
Highland, Ut
When given the opportunity by joe and dan at ppe to switch from what i was running to there NEW design headers and up pipes, i asked joe if he would please strap my bellows on the up pipes as i have had to over the last few years...His reply was NO... these will hold.. as i was on a beta test for this product i did not argue with him!!! To be honest i did not have the faith they would hold with out straps.... About 6 runs is what i could run with the previous product. As you seen in the pic after whats been stated for events held on the new product, there still perfect!!! I have full faith at my power level these will continue to hold!! Even at this point if there was a failure, i could not complain, as they have performed great on overkill... I dont know the details guys on the differences, im not here to start problems.. A few people wanted my opinion on the previous thread. These are the facts, tested and proved on overkill, i have put them through hell. Just my 2 cents everyone..

baggedLB7

Goer
May 1, 2011
Utah
D says headers but Dan says manifolds and the pics shows manifolds. So are you now running headers or manifolds?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Dmitri doesn't know the difference between headers and manifolds?

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
Cant go wrong with the PPE manifolds/up pipes. Installed mine back in March and the spool up is incredibly faster.

Whatever they are casting the manifolds out of is some super hard sh*t! I tried to polish the runners (which were dead on with the gasket) and after eating up two 80 grit flapper wheels I stopped. :D

ChevyDieselLLY

Whats A Budget???
Apr 1, 2008
MI, NC, now Hawaii
they spool pretty quick.. this engine is so much different than the stocker i dont have a true baseline to go off of.. even with stock fuel, where my old engine would start laying over,(little after the 1/8th) this engine just starts pullin hard !

Thanks for the info, I have 100 overs and a WD cp3. So was curious hire it was for you. I would like spool up better to be honest.

Dan, which up pipes would work with a 4in down pipe? Would I ned the flat one?

NemesisDP

Apr 20, 2008
Bloomfield New Mexico
Dan can you PM me a price on a set of these? We just put a set of these on a full built LB7 and these things worked amazing. Truck is street friendly now and he is thinking of going with a larger charger now. :thumb: The tone of the exhaust sounds a lot meaner also.

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Dan can you PM me a price on a set of these? We just put a set of these on a full built LB7 and these things worked amazing. Truck is street friendly now and he is thinking of going with a larger charger now. :thumb: The tone of the exhaust sounds a lot meaner also.

PM sent!