Options for daily driver good for mid to low 11's

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Just checking my options out on a turbo for a daily driver that would be good for mid to low 11's.

Thanks, Sonny

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Is the 42 magnum really streetable just look at the size of it? I guess it's all in the tuning. I know im going to have deal with some lag to go that fast without twins :baby:

What about the gt4294r or the s400

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Is the 42 magnum really streetable just look at the size of it? I guess it's all in the tuning. I know im going to have deal with some lag to go that fast without twins :baby:

What about the gt4294r or the s400

IMO- streetable is dependant on what the person is willing to "drive around". A 42 is going to be purdy "muddy" on the street.

I would think the best of both worlds would be a streetable charger 4088-4094 and some spray. If you go with a 42 you'd wanna do the bottom end anyway right? 102mm compressor right? It's gonna want to turn some RPM before it get's rolling.

jus my .02

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I have a head gasket going out so im just going to go ahead and do a small build. After i recover from that i will be in the market for dual cp3's and a turbo that would be good for #2 only mid to low 11's. I seen that PPE had the LBZ with dual cp3's and a gt4094r run 11.8's #2 only might have to go that rout and a whiff of the good stuff although i would really like to do it on #2 only just might have to live with some lag :(

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
After seeing the the article on PPEs truck & the truck that got twins the Hp was relativly the same, twins were cheaper & Id guess that between the to twins would be better to drive with. I would bet that 700hp would be doable with a good single CP3.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I have a head gasket going out so im just going to go ahead and do a small build. After i recover from that i will be in the market for dual cp3's and a turbo that would be good for #2 only mid to low 11's. I seen that PPE had the LBZ with dual cp3's and a gt4094r run 11.8's #2 only might have to go that rout and a whiff of the good stuff although i would really like to do it on #2 only just might have to live with some lag :(

If you can accept living with a little lag and some black smoke you are good to go. Another option is using nitrous just to tickle the charger, say a 30 jet on a finger switch, all you gotta do is just "get it up on the pipe" and you'll be gone.:D

05smoker

I'm officially done!
Mar 30, 2007
Lebanon, OH
I tend to agree with the twins idea if you want to go that fast and still retain driveability, whether you use a stocker or a cheetah for the stock location.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
I do have a 64mm LLY cheetah coming my way this week off a LMM trade for the labor to swap back to the stock turbo and install a 3'' lift kit for the guy. I was going to sell it but it sure would be nice to twin it up with a strong signal cp3 and shoot for that 650-700hp mark now that would be sweet :D

What do y'all think that combo would do with just a LBZ cp3 and the small MPI kit with the 64mm cheetah as the stoker would that have the potential to run 11.5's+ on #2 only and be a very good daily driver

LarryJewell

Back with his honey :)
Jan 21, 2007
San Angelo
I do have a 64mm LLY cheetah coming my way this week off a LMM trade for the labor to swap back to the stock turbo and install a 3'' lift kit for the guy. I was going to sell it but it sure would be nice to twin it up with a strong signal cp3 and shoot for that 650-700hp mark now that would be sweet :D

What do y'all think that combo would do with just a LBZ cp3 and the small MPI kit with the 64mm cheetah as the stoker would that have the potential to run 11.5's+ on #2 only and be a very good daily driver

Now your talking :D

Brayden

Jan 16, 2008
www.fleeceperformance.com
Sonny I can refresh it for you if you want for a very reasonable price. Hasn't that thing been on 3 trucks now? :D

I'd say with a cheetah and duals and "correct" fueling you could hit 700hp pretty easily. That should be 11.xx right?

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Big singles are still awsome, I have a s400 and its laggy out of the hole but if boosted at all it will shit and get. I am also running a larger ex. housing which adds to the lag.

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Yea Brayden it's been on two trucks but it has very low miles on it and neither of these trucks are making any power to speak of stock trans. there is nothing wrong with it other than it's a 64mm, it sat in my shop longer than it has been in both trucks

Dual cp3's are the only way to go for now and for the rods I'm going with Nick's

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
Big singles are still awsome, I have a s400 and its laggy out of the hole but if boosted at all it will shit and get. I am also running a larger ex. housing which adds to the lag.

So what dose the standard s400 come with? I remember Pat using one and ran something like low 11's said it was a good charger for the price but he went back to the gt4202r for the 10's

skintback

Take this one to church
Mar 5, 2007
Florida
No one has stated the cheapest, and easiest option, yet.

Put it on the Juice!

So what kind of juice tune you got? :hug: A whiff of the good stuff will go on it right after i build it until i recoup and finger out what to do about the air. I know I'm going with PPE dual cp3's.