Opinions on Hick Town Creations

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
I'm looking to get efi live tuning on my truck. I've heard about a place called hick town creations here in Ohio. It's about a couple hours from my house. A friend of mine has their tuning and he likes it. I like the idea that I can actually go there and get my needs met personally. Has anyone dealt with them? Judging by the owners Instagram page he knows what he's doing and is building some impressive duramax motors and has a personal 6 speed manual lmm.

05 Chevy LLY

Extended cab short bed 4x4

Sinister EGR delete kit

S&B turbo mouth piece

Sinister intake tube

AEM CAI

PVC reroute

4inch straight pipe

Edge CTS juice with attitude plus hot tuning

PPE race plug and ported FR fitting

33's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KOoner

Mar 22, 2014
Ohio
Days diesel in Germantown Ohio is really reasonable on price an can get u in quick. I can give u his name and number if ur interested.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Ok I'm gonna keep my options open. Thanks guys. And haha yea us northerners I'll check into days diesel also

05 Chevy LLY

Sinister EGR delete kit

S&B turbo mouth piece

Sinister intake tube

AEM CAI

PVC reroute

4inch straight pipe

33's

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
Why not use a tuner from this site who has credible reviews from trusted members? Those who advertise on here can tune your vehicle from thousands of miles away, some of them even make a living doing so. :thumb:

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
I'm looking to get efi live tuning on my truck. I've heard about a place called hick town creations here in Ohio. It's about a couple hours from my house. A friend of mine has their tuning and he likes it. I like the idea that I can actually go there and get my needs met personally. Has anyone dealt with them? Judging by the owners Instagram page he knows what he's doing and is building some impressive duramax motors and has a personal 6 speed manual lmm.

Honestly Dylan is a great guy! He knows his stuff and builds great trucks.

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
Dylan has always been good to me so Im speaking on how i know him. I read thru that others thread and thats shitty.

Last edited:

Slowmax

Build what others' won't
Aug 3, 2013
United States
Edited info removed from member that was a site vendor.

How he treats you, and new customers are two totally different things. Your also a female so I am sure that has nothing to do with it. Are you a supporting site vendor as well? OP seems to have a good grasp and knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lb7_Katie

Lb7 Duramax
Sep 8, 2013
How he treats you, and new customers are two totally different things. Your also a female so I am sure that has nothing to do with it. Are you a supporting site vendor as well? OP seems to have a good grasp and knowledge.

sorry im not i didnt mean to step on any toes. and youre probably right im a chick that always has something to do with it

Mile_high

The Mad Hatter
Oct 31, 2009
Denver, Colorado
Lots of the vendors here tune shoot you tunes via email and will walk you through it all.

The big plus is that many will send new tunes after you change turbos/injectors/whatever as a service included in the original purchase price. :thumb:

DieselmafiaLLY

Keep Calm and Go Crazy
Apr 6, 2013
Ontario, Canada
With the mods you dont need to tune in person just find a good tuner and have em email it....if you do some searching the good names will come up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
With the mods you dont need to tune in person just find a good tuner and have em email it....if you do some searching the good names will come up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by with the mods? Wouldnt having mods mean it would be better to have someone custom the tune for the mods? And my mods aren't by any means huge power. But anyhow thanks for the info guys and gals haha I'll look into the venders on here. I was thinking ATP. Doing the 5 tune and v2 controller combo. Quick question on the v2, do you have to buy a separate vin license to just do diagnostics?

05 Chevy LLY

Sinister EGR delete kit

S&B turbo mouth piece

Sinister intake tube

AEM CAI

PVC reroute

4inch straight pipe

33's

Josh2002cc

That Uncle
Apr 2, 2007
What do you mean by with the mods? Wouldnt having mods mean it would be better to have someone custom the tune for the mods? And my mods aren't by any means huge power. But anyhow thanks for the info guys and gals haha I'll look into the venders on here. I was thinking ATP. Doing the 5 tune and v2 controller combo. Quick question on the v2, do you have to buy a separate vin license to just do diagnostics?

05 Chevy LLY

Sinister EGR delete kit

S&B turbo mouth piece

Sinister intake tube

AEM CAI

PVC reroute

4inch straight pipe

33's

I believe he meant with the mods you have meaning you can talk with someone like ATP and they will know exactly what to do once you explain the trucks use and your wants.

Also, your signature shouldn't show up when I quote you, might want to fix that.