LBZ: Old cp3 about to be pulled,questions??

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Ok well removed alternator,ac compressor,intake,mouthpiece,tstat housing,coolant crossover pipe,t-stat piping to both heads,all the sensors and moved the wiring harness out of the way, removed fan,fan shroud,power steering pump/acc bracket out of the way and accessory bracket on left side with tensioner and two pulleys.... Only thing left is the Y pipe in the valley,and a hard fuel line going from what looks like the passenger side rail to driver side injector feed(4).. Do I need to remove the Y pipe to get the cp3 out? It's loose and you can see part of the gear when you wiggle it around. I just don't want to tear much more off to get this out.. Also seems like that hard line is a PITA to get to seeing how it's under the egr motor and other side going to the driver side...any tips would be great, thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselboy04'

DieselBoy04'
Mar 23, 2008
Virginia
I didn't pull the y bridge. But I did take the hard line off. I removed the egr too. Well just the egr valve not the cooler. You should be ready to pull the four cp3 bolts and remove after that. Becareful if you try and put a pry bar between the pump and the motor you don't wanna scratch up the mating surfaces. good luck.

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Did you pull the bolt out of the gear on the front of the CP3? Sounds like you have it loose already and it is just about to come out.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Oh the 4 bolts are off and the cp3 moves freely, I can move it back and fourth and side to side. Just need to get the egr motor off and that last hardline out of the way to get the gear out of the hole completly and pu her out. Longer process than I thought, but again it's also my first time doing this cp3. And at 157k, nothing comes loose that easy :(

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
What size is the rubber fuel lines that go to the cp3 pump, and for the little rubber coolant hoses that go to the turbo from the coolant pipe and the one under the tstat housing. Want to replace them all

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
Because there is more room to work and it is cake once you pop that nut loose. The intake elbow was the first thing I pulled. I'm talking more along the lines of pulling the Y bridge, which I really don't want to. If I can get it out without the y bridge moving then I'll be happy.oh also by removing the fan I can pull the accessory bracket/power steering pump off and move it over so I can access the right side of the T stat bridge.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
One question. The cp3 Is about to come out of the valley but the damn Y bridge horn is just about in the way. It looks Like I can spin the horn right of the bridge, can I do this? As it's not welded on?

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I don't think there is any way around taking the turbo off to do the cp3 on a lbz. The bolts to the intake bridge on the back are just too much of a bitch, even for a 1/2" drive and 10mm swivel socket I dont think it's possible. Would it be easier pulling the front cover off and taking the gear off the cp3 and then pulling it out?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I'm confused.... what are you referring to as the horn? You already said the intake elbow is removed from the bridge so what is thevhorn you are talking about.. imo you should just be able to clear the y bridge when removing and installing a co3... but again justbwhat I gathered, not done myself.

Devon

broke my curse
May 2, 2010
Hinsdale ma
I was referring to the intake elbow** I removed the horn off the intake Bridge a couple hours ago. You will see when you do yours. It's not quite a walk in the park. I don't know how some people could get this done in 6 hours. Maybe on a lb7, not sure on a lbz though. Got all the bolts off the bridge except the bottom 2 against the compressor housing. Even with a 1/2" drive and swivel sockets it seems nearly impossible....once I get them two nuts off from the back bottom it will be cake to pull back and out. I should just let it sit and order a EGR delete kit. New WP,shit probably a new turbo while I'm at it haha.. Can I port the passenger side fuel rail fitting like the driver side? If so what size