I hate the fumoto. :D

Say that to his face!

2109864135_2f6cb3e4e8.jpg

:rofl:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
The only thing about the Fumoto valve is the entire pan doesn't completely drain. I dunno exactly how much is left behind perhaps less than a quart ,I never actually checked but I know that if you remove the valve additional oil drains.

BUT the ease of doing oil changes out ways this minor issue. I'll continue to use it

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
The only thing about the Fumoto valve is the entire pan doesn't completely drain. I dunno exactly how much is left behind perhaps less than a quart ,I never actually checked but I know that if you remove the valve additional oil drains.
Hmm, I never realized that. Can't be that much, because I always put in 10 quarts and the oil is always just barely above the F on the dipstick. Like you said, probably less than a quart.

I change my oil often enough I don't think that will be a problem.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Hmm, I never realized that. Can't be that much, because I always put in 10 quarts and the oil is always just barely above the F on the dipstick. Like you said, probably less than a quart.

I change my oil often enough I don't think that will be a problem.

i tried pullin the valve after no more oil came out. put a empty oil bottle under it and only got a 1/4 of a quart.

i dont think that little bit will hurt much :D

Last edited:

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
i tried pullin the valve after no more oil came out. put a empty oil bottle under it and only got a 1/4 of a quart.

i dont think that little bit will hurt much :D

No it wont ,I was just pointing out my discovery. Just worth noting as some ,moreorless, can be annal about things.

Another point of interest as said the draining is slow BUT I always change my oil HOT and having to only open up the valve to drain and NOT remove a plug with a major gush of hot oil running down your arm and splashing into the drain bucket ,which always has a tendency to fly every where including on yourself is sweet NOT to have to deal with.

Shall we discuss the oil filter now? :D

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
No it wont ,I was just pointing out my discovery. Just worth noting as some ,moreorless, can be annal about things.

Another point of interest as said the draining is slow BUT I always change my oil HOT and having to only open up the valve to drain and NOT remove a plug with a major gush of hot oil running down your arm and splashing into the drain bucket ,which always has a tendency to fly every where including on yourself is sweet NOT to have to deal with.
Shall we discuss the oil filter now? :D

Im the same. its easier to aim the bucket if you dont have a one of those big huge funnals like shops use.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
That is my favorite part, I no longer end up covered in hot oil after an oil change. Before I installed the Fumoto, I would always seem to end up splashing oil in my eyes, for some reason.

niteflite1287

Now with 3 antennas
May 30, 2010
New London, CT
That is my favorite part, I no longer end up covered in hot oil after an oil change. Before I installed the Fumoto, I would always seem to end up splashing oil in my eyes, for some reason.

think i'll be ordering one of those fumotos for my next change. and perhaps this will be the last time kitty litter will be a required part to purchase along with the oil filter and rotella :D