TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
can we copy JoshH's parts list to the beginning of the thread so we don't have to read through 60 pages looking for it? or maybe we keep it as is so it's like a treasure hunt. keep people on their toes 😁
Ive found that most new members dont give a rats ass about any previous discussion. They want the result, not the work. If anyone does post an inquiry here, just refer them to the sticky post. They'll get what they want with out having to contribute anything......

Reactions: 2004LB7

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Banks also is upcharging about $100-$150 over the dealer price of all the parts.
Sorry, I was being Sarcastic. They basically copied what was done here, Doctored it up with some charts and statistics and slapped a price tag on it. Although I didn't contribute to the Findings, It still angers me. I would rather Spend my money with Vendors such as your self and individuals that give back to the community as a Whole.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Sorry, I was being Sarcastic. They basically copied what was done here, Doctored it up with some charts and statistics and slapped a price tag on it. Although I didn't contribute to the Findings, It still angers me. I would rather Spend my money with Vendors such as your self and individuals that give back to the community as a Whole.
It is sad they did it but sadly there are too many people that don't search and simply click and swipe away with their cards...........

I really should start selling those kits to members here, my dealership is GREAT to work with.......

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
It is sad they did it but sadly there are too many people that don't search and simply click and swipe away with their cards...........

I really should start selling those kits to members here, my dealership is GREAT to work with.......
Mine usually is too although I have to be careful as occasionally, I have seen things be higher than what I can get them online for. Not often but it does happen on certain things.

Might not be a bad Idea for you to do the kits. Just don't use the cheap looking bolts that banks shows in there's

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Mine usually is too although I have to be careful as occasionally, I have seen things be higher than what I can get them online for. Not often but it does happen on certain things.

Might not be a bad Idea for you to do the kits. Just don't use the cheap looking bolts that banks shows in there's
I would be using the GM bolts. I’ll price it out and get an idea if it’s worthwhile.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
From years ago, when there was a great bunch of people here who were all friends and picked on each other like it. Honda and Gm used to go at it like brothers would. It was hilarious.

Reactions: 1TRIKHD

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
From years ago, when there was a great bunch of people here who were all friends and picked on each other like it. Honda and Gm used to go at it like brothers would. It was hilarious.
That's great!!! The way forums used to be.

I did that to a user named Dan today on the other site I am on. He is a Filthy Clutch Dumper...

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Wasnt that Nick and Anthony (Paint and GM)? Their racing thread was full of comedy. Brian (honda) just talked shit to everyone lmao.

then there was Ruben and nick's bet about wearing a pink t-shirt that says "XXXX is my bitch" on who ever lost at the NHRDA event in phx. i was happy to be at that one and laugh my ass off at ruben when he lost lol.

At the end of the day, Pat made this forum as the "corner bar forum" for dmax guys. all you guys that come back here and post up are a good group and i enjoy my mornings reading through stuff. the damn epa really killed diesel stuff but this here is far more enjoyable than facebook any day.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
sorry, yeah....Nick and Anthony. Brian would pick on both of them. I forgot about that bet. LOL Poor Ruben.

The fun that was is really what keeps me coming back.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
sorry, yeah....Nick and Anthony. Brian would pick on both of them. I forgot about that bet. LOL Poor Ruben.

The fun that was is really what keeps me coming back.

I keep straying back hoping to find some of the old bickering. I miss those days.

I was burnt out on trucks for a long time and the newbie posts just killed me to see anymore.

But now I’m happy to be back, glad to see the old names still around.

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Corbin, I dont like that the site has become "fixya" either, but what can ya do? Its been 12 years since GM made a truck you could mod and tune easily.
These newbies have no idea the fun these trucks used to be....

Reactions: DAVe3283

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Corbin, I dont like that the site has become "fixya" either, but what can ya do? Its been 12 years since GM made a truck you could mod and tune easily.
These newbies have no idea the fun these trucks used to be....

100% agree.

All I can hope is the “oldies” from the site stick around. I miss the tech. Although it can still be found in the shadows

Reactions: TheBac

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
100% agree.

All I can hope is the “oldies” from the site stick around. I miss the tech. Although it can still be found in the shadows

The difference now really is that the tech has been proprietized. The "open source" duramax developers are no longer. The cost of progressing the duramax/allison combo past where it is and where it has been since 2014ish is immense, and not wanting to give the info out for free is understandable. Sure, there are different ways to achieve the same goals, and those can be ironed out without giving up much proprietary info. However, moving the goalpost ahead is another story, in my opinion; and in some cases, I think we took a few steps backwards along the way that haven't been recovered yet.

Reactions: 2004LB7

TheBac

Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The difference now really is that the tech has been proprietized. The "open source" duramax developers are no longer. The cost of progressing the duramax/allison combo past where it is and where it has been since 2014ish is immense, and not wanting to give the info out for free is understandable. Sure, there are different ways to achieve the same goals, and those can be ironed out without giving up much proprietary info. However, moving the goalpost ahead is another story, in my opinion; and in some cases, I think we took a few steps backwards along the way that haven't been recovered yet.
True that, Tim.