LLY: OEM Mirrors Shake

Dirtbikindad393

Nov 2, 2008
Moorpark, CA
What is up with this and how do I fix it?

I went out to take the mirrors out but couldn't figure out how to do that. I figure once I get them out maybe I can grease them or something to get them to stop shaking while driving.

Isuzupower

I told u it wouldnt float
Sep 14, 2008
Decatur, IN
I took my mirror glass off and put that thin foam tape you would put under the rails of a fiberglass tonneau cover on the back of the glass. Then i cut out all the holes and slots on the back of the glass. Then i reinstalled the glass. Its a pain in the a$$ to reinstall with the foam on there but it helped out alot!

Diesel Pilot

Hat? Suitcase? 50 BMG?
Aug 9, 2006
Pickerington, OH
Your mirrors actually went out........:p

I try to cycle mine about once a month and it always takes about 3 tries before they both go out at the same time. Sometimes only one goes out. A few taps on it and then the action starts working again.

Anybody ever taken the boot off to lube the inner-workings?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
some of my other friends' trucks have this problem, but in 100k miles mine have never rattled/vibrated. :cool: :D

My steering shaft has also been clunk free for 90k miles too, never had to re-grease it or anything. Go figure?

mplteddy

Jul 10, 2007
Central Alberta...
www.mplmotorsports.ca
I've used the foam tape idea on the glass lots..works well. As far as the mirrors not extending, you have to tighten the clutch in behind the glass...I think I've got a mirror here. I'll post a DIY on it if there isn't one already...pretty simple really.