OD Lockout - Install Question

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
Recently purchased and OD lockout for my 02.

Seemed like it would be a pretty simple install but after doing it still doesn't seem to work. The T/H still works so I'm assuming I have it hooked up right but possible the black box allows the T/H to work if it doesn't have power. I'm showing power during crank and on so assuming that its possible the box that is bad?

I sent an email to Ben but didn't get a response.

Hoping someone might have some ideas...thanks.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Not sure how Ben's box works, but every ODLO switch I know of requires a new TCM tune that has it enabled.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Has the TCM been updated to the latest software? Early 02 TCM's didn't have the OD/LO capability enabled in them and you have to have the TCM updated to turn it on(I believe if your truck is built after April of 02 it will have the updated tune, but if before it will require an update). Even the tapshift boxes and such require the updated software. Any GM dealer or somebody with EFILIVE can flash it in. I have the updated 02 TCM OS if you need it to flash in.

radvans

Jun 4, 2007
SoCal
OK, that must be the issue. The TCM is dated 1/12/2002 (funny that is my bday, no wonder I love my truck).

I'll pm for the tune.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I too ordered a BT lock out box, I haven't received and thus installed it yet. So in order for it to work correctly, I need a new tune for the TCM? This is for an 07 classic LBZ with a built trans...
Thanks

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Totally different things CoCo. You bought a converter lock up box, the OP has an overdrive lock out box. You will be fine with what you have

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Has the TCM been updated to the latest software? Early 02 TCM's didn't have the OD/LO capability enabled in them and you have to have the TCM updated to turn it on(I believe if your truck is built after April of 02 it will have the updated tune, but if before it will require an update). Even the tapshift boxes and such require the updated software. Any GM dealer or somebody with EFILIVE can flash it in. I have the updated 02 TCM OS if you need it to flash in.

I too ordered a BT lock out box, I haven't received and thus installed it yet. So in order for it to work correctly, I need a new tune for the TCM? This is for an 07 classic LBZ with a built trans...
Thanks

In red, the updated TCm tune is an 01-02 issue.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Totally different things CoCo. You bought a converter lock up box, the OP has an overdrive lock out box. You will be fine with what you have

What can I say:eek: I didn't read that literally enough, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a requirement I missed for my application of a "lock up" box

Thanks for the clarification:thumb:

In red, the updated TCm tune is an 01-02 issue.

O.K Thanks, 01-02 specific and
Overdrive lock out specific v.s converter lock up box:rolleyes: