OBDII Pass Through

jpowel29

Feb 1, 2008
Bentonville, Arkansas
Anyone have any recommendations on a good brand of OBDII pass through connector? I find lots of cheap ones online - not complaining just want something that will work/last. I'm wanting to data log with my V2 and keep the CTS monitor plugged in so I can watch those at the same time while driving.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Also is there an OBD II port for women? I would like to see my wife's DTC's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Amp research makes one and if it is anything like they running boards then it is probably good quality!

Would you be able to have both devices active at the same time? Would the ECU only respond to one device?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
What about just adding a second OBD2 connector that's what i'm going to do on mine, I want the EFILive cord out of the drivers area anyways.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I've tried the cheap eBay splitters and they don't work... it won't communicate well with either device...

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using Tapatalk

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
I doubt it... I think it's more a communication issue, rather than a defective splitter... I don't think it likes talking in 2 directions at once...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Then explain how Ben used to run two devices on his truck wayyyy back when. He spliced in a second OBD port and it worked fine, IIRC.

M.A.M.

Jan 9, 2016
Ohio
No idea, just my experience... I tried 2 from the same eBay seller, could've been just plain crappy.... There was a fellow trying to splice three of four connectors into his wiring on a '15 in a build I saw somewhere, never heard if it worked or not...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk