Nsbu's

brokesmoker

Dec 3, 2010
Virginia
I have two five speeds one is good and one isn't but they have different nsbu. So I just figured if they were interchangeable it'd be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
What year model is each transmission? The actual nsbu will swap over. I had to do this on my truck last week, as my original trans was an 05, and the built trans I installed was from an 02.

Now after this install, the truck was looking for the G solenoid that the older built trans did not have, but a simple retune to an older software on my tcm took care of that issue. Truck runs fine, shifts fine, and no more check engine light.

If you do decide to attempt the swap, be very careful pulling them off as the plastic could easily break. Hope this is close to what you were looking for and hopefully helps!

brokesmoker

Dec 3, 2010
Virginia
One is out of an 03 lb7 as far as I remember and the other is an 04.5 lly but if that's all I need to do then I'll try it... Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weazel

Oct 5, 2011
Mason, TX
Make sure to set both transmissions to neutral, then gently pry the nsbu off of each trans. Install on the other, and if the truck doesn't want to start, you've got a little play with the two bolts on the front and rear of where the nsbu bolts to the trans for adjustment.