LLY: No low beam but have high beams

MWDHAND

May 10, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Hey Guys

Driving out to Moab UT last night we stopped for diesel and when we got in and started it we had not low beam but when you flick it to high I have high beams? This is the same way wether on the auto or on manual lights:confused: What could it be?

Thanks

Jay

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
Check please

Both low beam filaments burnt out? Switch on column pooched? Do you have daytime running lights? Do they work? Check some fuses would be my next step. These are all guesses on my part. Any more info?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Probably the relay. Check the under hood fuse box. You can swap the high beam relay for the low beam relay and see if they start working. It could also be the fuses. Each headlight has its own fuse.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Probably the relay. Check the under hood fuse box. You can swap the high beam relay for the low beam relay and see if they start working. It could also be the fuses. Each headlight has its own fuse.

X2. If the relays, fuses and bulbs are good then I would start checking connections. If they all check out then it could be the dimmer switch.

Ben46a

Wannabe puller
Sep 4, 2006
Waverley, NS, Canada
When its on low beam, beat on the headlight and see what it does, seriously, i had to do this to mine 3 times one night to get home and it never did it again, never did find the cause.

MWDHAND

May 10, 2008
Alberta, Canada
Well had sometime to look at them before mountain biking and what are the odds that both lights were burnt out and at the same exact time. I had to have a power surge happen and take them out. Totally strange!!:thumb: Thanks for the help guys!!!

Jay

minisub

6-5/6-6;Whatever It Takes
Sep 11, 2006
Cleveland, OH
I have lost both low beams at the exact same time several times over the years. It seems weird, but maybe it is just a result of really close manufacturing tolerances; they really do last exactly the same amount of time....?

I'm going to try the chicken blood on my recurring lift pump issues on the 6.5 this weekend...:)

GMCsierra2500

Oct 29, 2016
I was drive upu driveway and both of my low beams went out exactly same time

I dunno much about my trick slowly learning but I duno what happen it's driving me mental I want my lights on i replace the bulbs not to long ago I have a GMC Sierra 2008 SLT stock truck nothing special please help me

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Holy grave robbing an old thread lol.

Did you check the things mentioned above including the underhood fuses?