no ignition, flashing lights

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Out of nowhere last week I went to start up my truck that's been in the garage for about 2 weeks, I got in, turned over the key, and nothing, no ignition, won't turn over, ...just both turn signals flashing and a clicking from the park lamp relay(?). No CEL,

so just to be safe I replaced the battery today and still the same issue, lift pump is screaming, radio comes on, no CEL light, just no ignition...from what I can see the wiring looks good at first glance..I haven't started chasing wires just yet. Hoping one of you fine gents has an idea where to began.

Also, if i just walk up and open a door, the lights including dash will flash for about 10 seconds.

Last edited:

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Ok then, what does it do, apply the brakes...:thumb:

Typical Ben, comes in makes himself feel superior, helps no one but his ego...;)

Glad to see youve grown so much over the past 4 years...

Your pathectic...:rolleyes:

The truck will still crank, it just wont start/run. Or it will fire for a split second and die.

You need to chill the fk out. Seriously. My response to your WRONG post was not smartass-ish, I didnt say "you're an idiot", I DIDNT DO ANYTHING.

I simply stated "anti-theft issue will not cause a no-crank"...because you suggested its an anti-theft issue...which its clearly not, because the truck turns over/cranks.

Can I please get some corroboration from a third party that Shields is insane here and I did nothing even remotely wrong/dick???

Ben

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
The truck will still crank, it just wont start/run. Or it will fire for a split second and die.

You need to chill the fk out. Seriously. My response to your WRONG post was not smartass-ish, I didnt say "you're an idiot", I DIDNT DO ANYTHING.

I simply stated "anti-theft issue will not cause a no-crank"...because you suggested its an anti-theft issue...which its clearly not, because the truck turns over/cranks.

Can I please get some corroboration from a third party that Shields is insane here and I did nothing even remotely wrong/dick???

Ben

:hello: you're just such a dick because everyone hates that you know everything. :D

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Typical Ben, comes in makes himself feel superior, helps no one but his ego...;)

Your pathectic...

Yeah, I help no one but my ego...

http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65458

Took me a couple hours to find that old 4 year old document. It was on a different hard drive that had since been removed from my computer. I had to then dig up an old computer so I could access the hard drive and find that instruction PDF. But I did that, and shared it with him. Because Im a nice freaking guy.

Lockup controller is 4 years old at this point and totally outdated. I could have very easily (and been justified) told him to pound sand, you'll have to buy a new one because I dont provide support for old ones anymore...

And here:
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65460

I did something for FREE for this guy, what everyone else charged $50.

Jeezuz thats two people I went above and beyond for, in just one day.

Just because you're still butthurt about all the times Ive made you look silly on the forums over the past couple years doesnt mean you have to hold it against me. I dont understand people who cant handle being told they're wrong, and if someone corrects them, the person who corrected them is the asshole. Wtf? Should I post some wrong stuff just for grins? Would that make you feel better?

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Did you check the wiring under the UBEC (underhood fuse box)??

Im wondering if some critter got in there and chewed up some wiring.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Don't have much to say. Other than Bens made me feel like a dumbass before. But that was just cause I was embarrassed for suggesting something totally ignorant. Didn't call me a dumbass, but I felt like one. He's a lot smarter than most and glad he's on this board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Funny how you helped only when called out. I really dont have a problem with you Ben, I think its the other way around...

Frankly, I knew you were capable of helping him, but you choose to take a cheap shot to bolster your ego instead of helping. Id bet my bussiness account the only reason you clicked on this thread was to see what I posted...:rofl:

Good to see you were able to post some of your vast knowledge to help another guy out. Im not being sarcastic...:)

And just so your narrow mind understands. No crank can mean several things depending on who your talking too. I was simply starting the dianostic questions required for a proper diagnosis... Dick...

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
because no check engine light is coming on at the "bulb check" (key on engine off)....the ECM must have no power going to it, or its not waking up for some reason.

You checked all fuses right? Theres like 4 or 5 associated with the ECM, that all have to be good.

duratothemax

<--- slippery roads
Aug 28, 2006
Wyoming
Id bet my bussiness account the only reason you clicked on this thread was to see what I posted...:rofl

Ill admit, I did chuckle at that, because I wouldnt put it past myself, haha.....but being perfectly honest, that wasnt the case this time. This was the first time I had seen this thread, and it just so happened that you were the most recent person to post.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Did you check the wiring under the UBEC (underhood fuse box)??

Im wondering if some critter got in there and chewed up some wiring.

I'll look under there soon as I get off...also checked every fuse in the box last night..also went through as much of the "easy" wiring I could. One thing I've noticed is I couldn't hear the relay click when trying to start..but then again I've never paid attention to it in the past, could be my imagination.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
Replaced the relay, checked all the wiring under the fuse box, it all looks fine. I did notice when I hit the unlock button the egt guage would jump. I'm going to chase those wires and see if anything is there. Still showing no codes,
Ben, which fuses are needed for the ecm...im going to recheck them again..maybe I missed something.

NinjaMax

WTF!
Oct 3, 2012
Severance, Colorado
New theory, once upon a time this truck had a viper SST alarm system on it...which with the flashing lights when the door opens etc....I have long since removed the siren, but the alarm is still there. Does anybody know if those alarms will create a "no start" it they are tripped? I haven't used the alarm in a couple of years, but I believe its still 100% installed, by that I mean I never removed the hardware...input??

dirtydmax

<---up shit creek
Sep 1, 2013
muskoka,Ont Canada
Dont know if this will help but I have an 02 Yukon that has the vats disabled and thinks its still being stolen,Blinker relay and running lights randomly start clicking on and off at will.Before the vats disable I had the no start as well.I don't know why this is happening but maybe this will spark an idea.Good luck with it:hug:

Huffy67

Dec 26, 2014
Arkansas
Ninjamax I'd be willing to bet if you hook that siren back up your ears will be bleeding along with the flashing of the lights. Idk how to fix it but I definitely do think this is your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thunder550

Apr 2, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Alarm definitely sounds suspect to me. I'd do a complete un-install if it were my truck and go from there. I bet the starter kill is enabled for some reason.