no fuel pressure at the bleed screw

Richard P

Aug 28, 2018
Peoria Az
fuel problem

Need some help I have a 2003 2500 HD with no fuel pressure at the bleeder screw about a 6 months I put the FASS fuel pump in plus the stock fuel filter deletion kit the other day I started it ran for a min then died I changed the filters bleed them at the bleeder screw I have no fuel could this be a EDU common rail problem? what can I do to trouble shoot this problem

Thanks for any help

Richard P

Aug 28, 2018
Peoria Az
Hello, I have a question I got a 2003 Silverado with a fuel problem it has a FASS fuel system and I deleted the stock fuel filter and manual pump I do not have any fuel coming out of the bleeder screw. the FASS pump is working I replaced the fuel filter and bleed the filters could my problem be with the EDU common rail?

Thanks for any help.

gmac32

Dec 8, 2009
bellville ohio
What bleeder screw? If you deleted the stock fuel filter head, then where is the screw. Are you talking about the vacuum port close to the thermostat? If you are checking there, you would have to push down on the valve to see if fuel squirts out

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Moved your posts into a single thread in the Fuel Pump section.

You're sure the pump is still pumping fuel? You've checked the flexible lines from the tank for kinks? You've checked the system before the pump for an air leak?

X2 to gmac, too.

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Make sure you put a rag over the vacuum port when you push the shraeder valve or you will take a bath.

Richard P

Aug 28, 2018
Peoria Az
I checked the lines no cracks or kinks. I replaced the two lines from the stock fuel filter housing did try the to bleed the fuel rail but had no pressure The scew I open was at the top of the fuel filter housing the secound one was next to the alternator. No pressure.. thanks

six5creed

Jan 6, 2016
N.C.
How much fuel is in your tank? Have you checked your fuse going to your FASS? Is it getting power?

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Pull the hose off the lift pump and see if you get fuel and work your way forward from there. Did you delete just the factory filter or the whole filter housing? If you just replaced the stock filter with a delete bowl and you used the factory WIF sensor make sure it’s not leaking from there.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
If you used the fass delete bowl hopefully you removed the ball and spring from the filter base. If not that’s the problem

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
If you used the fass delete bowl hopefully you removed the ball and spring from the filter base. If not that’s the problem
This too.
It’s all very confusing as to whether the truck ran for 6 months before this happened or if he just now deleted the filter and even if it was just the filter or the whole housing.

Richard P

Aug 28, 2018
Peoria Az
fuel problem

The truck has been running find till the other day when I went out to go to work ran for a minute or two then died would not start. I have put new filters on fuel line to the stock filter housing to the block and a new water senor. Check all the fuse are good the FASS pump runs fine I open the bleeder screw at the deletion bowl and get no fuel or air has no fuel pressure at the Schrader valve.