Allison 6sp: No forward or reverse. No codes.

ScreaminDuramax

Sep 19, 2013
Torrance
Aright so I was driving and decided to get on it. And when I did there was a dip in the rode. When the rear wheels hit the dip I'm assuming the wheels came off the ground spun and grabbed the road. Once it happened the truck revved up and wouldn't move. No noises. No grinding. The truck fees like it's stuck in neutral. Is this the intermediate shift? Currently sitting on the side of the road waiting for AAA. Calling Mike in the AM cause I'm sure it's a mechanical failure of some sort.

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
I broke my output but it made all kinds of noise in drive. But it wouldn't move I'm thinking input also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaptPhil

Sep 10, 2011
Delaware
if you had reverse and three forward gears I would have said it was the c2 hub / p2 planet. hitting a bump while on it hard is how I lost mine before I went all billet.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Fastorange

Jan 31, 2009
ohio
This my be a stupid question.. But is the truck 4wd and if so did you try driving in 4wd high? Or is the drive shaft not spinning at all?

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Sounds like input shaft. Read the turbine speed sensor. When you put it in gear it better go to " 0 ".

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Same thing happened when I stripped out my C2 and twisted the P2 planet splines. Acted just like a broken input shaft, no noise, turbine speed wouldn't drop to 0, no codes.

Unfortunately, whether it is a broken input shaft or a broken C2 hub, you are going to need to take the trans out and put some billet parts in.

SoCalMike

Dec 12, 2010
SoCal
That sucks Troy. The truck is in good hands though!

Knowing Mike the trans is already back together and in the truck already!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
I am impressed with the new Alto G3 clutches in Troy's trans. No damage to the C3's and a couple of heat marks in the C3 steel plates which is to be expected considering the nut behind the wheel. :angel::hug: