LBZ: no crank, no start. help

dirtymike

Nov 1, 2010
wilmington/chapel hill nc
The truck was running and driving fine, no issues warning signs or codes. Parked it friday and sunday night went to move it and turned the key nothing happened. Dash lights up normally, shifted to N still nothing. The message center is saying service brakes, never seen that before. My edge insight isn't connecting to the truck. Friends snap on scanner couldn't connect to the truck. Checked all the fuses, swapped the started relay, nothing. Used the power probe to check starter and it will spin the motor over just fine when jumped. I also jumped the starter with the key in run position and it will not start. I found one thread about wires rubbing through under the fuse-box against the inner fender, but the pictures and harness looked different than what I saw in mine and there were no wires touching the inner fender.

Last edited:

dirtymike

Nov 1, 2010
wilmington/chapel hill nc
Just pulled my inner fender and didn't see any obvious damage to any of the wires going to the ecm. I also just noticed while messing with it that the glow plug light isn't coming on when you turn the key on before attempting to start

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
The thread is 2 years old. If the guy didnt update it back then, its highly doubtful he ever will.