Nitto 420s on 22x12 4 inch lift

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Anyone have any pics of 420s, on a 22x12 -44 offset rim with a 4" lift? I'm dropping mine down from a 7 inch lift, and I'm really wanting to go with this tire combo. I would love to see some pics of similar setups on the 01-07 body style! I'm hoping it will look pretty good setup this way.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
12 wides on a 44 offset with 420's looks like your mother drank alcohol when you were inside her belly.

please don't.

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
12 wides on a 44 offset with 420's looks like your mother drank alcohol when you were inside her belly.

please don't.

I was hoping 305s wouldn't look too bad I'm not wanting the stretched look I'm mainly wanting these tires for the performance but was hoping I could still use them on my 12 wides

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Hope you don't get mad cause it's not exactly what you're asking for but here's mine. My t bars are cranked and I have 22x12s and proxes 305/40s. I plan on putting a 4 inch lift on and dropping it down to the height I am now. Might help you out. I love how it looks

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Hope you don't get mad cause it's not exactly what you're asking for but here's mine. My t bars are cranked and I have 22x12s and proxes 305/40s. I plan on putting a 4 inch lift on and dropping it down to the height I am now. Might help you out. I love how it looks

I like the way yours looks I hate it when guys stretch them but it doesn't look too bad your setup! It's for sure the limit of the tire though, I'm dropping down from a 7 inch lift to a 4 inch I'm wanting it to sit similar to yours! Yours looks good man :)

Last edited:

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
I like the way yours looks I hate it when guys stretch them but it doesn't look too bad your setup! It's for sure the limit of the tire though, I'm dropping down from a 7 inch lift to a 4 inch I'm wanting it to sit similar to yours! Yours looks good man :)

Thanks a lot man. It's at it's limits but it's really not stretched a ton. It's pretty even from the sidewall to the wheel. My cv angles are BAD right now. Need a lift bad haha

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
Thanks a lot man. It's at it's limits but it's really not stretched a ton. It's pretty even from the sidewall to the wheel. My cv angles are BAD right now. Need a lift bad haha

I'm hoping I can get mine to sit about like yours with my bds 4.5" lift! my angles are level with the bds lift if you are looking for a good lift kit I highly recommend them tbh

IOWA LLY

Yes, its really me
Feb 23, 2007

I'm sorry but this statement is ridiculous. You can clearly see even from an angle that the tire has to "bulge" way out to meet the wheel. A 10" wide wheel is pushing it with that size tire. Not only does that look silly, and unsafe, it's just flat out lame to put insanely wide wheels for no reason on something.

I hate how the "ricer mentality" has started to infect the diesel truck crowd.

I don't mean anything personal towards you, and other then the wheels you have a very clean, nice looking Lb7. But I just had to vent about this dumb wide wheel craze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DMAX102

Sep 9, 2016
Spokane WA
I'd have to agree with IOWA LLY, just don't understand the wide wheels, and following trucks like this when it's raining/snowing I truly hate, tires throw sh*t everywhere. How in the h*ll do you keep your paint in good shape on such a nice looking truck?

No offense meant. I Just don't get it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
My reasoning for wanting to do 420s is I need a higher speed rated tire than my Cooper STT Pros are rated for when the motor gets back but I already have 12 wide independences and I was really hoping I can get by tbh but if it's not safe then I see no point in it

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
widest rim id use a 420 305 tire on is a 10 IMHO.

I'm sorry but this statement is ridiculous. You can clearly see even from an angle that the tire has to "bulge" way out to meet the wheel. A 10" wide wheel is pushing it with that size tire. Not only does that look silly, and unsafe, it's just flat out lame to put insanely wide wheels for no reason on something.

I hate how the "ricer mentality" has started to infect the diesel truck crowd.

I don't mean anything personal towards you, and other then the wheels you have a very clean, nice looking Lb7. But I just had to vent about this dumb wide wheel craze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Calm the **** down. The widest suggested rim width is 11" for this tire. If you run a 10 inch wide rim you're losing almost a half inch of width per tire. He says he's after performance and he already has a 12" wide rim. Would I run that wide no, but he isn't going to kill anybody by doing it.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I really need to get my eyes checked. I thought it was 20x12 lol. So for the 305/40/22 max rim width is 12.0. For the 305/45/22 max rim width is 11.5

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
I really need to get my eyes checked. I thought it was 20x12 lol. So for the 305/40/22 max rim width is 12.0. For the 305/45/22 max rim width is 11.5

So you think I'm good running 305/45s on my 12 wides? I'd like the 45 over the 40 since it's basically a 33" tire

D1rty-max

Spare some change?
Jul 16, 2015
Longview, TX
What's your opinion on temporarily going over a tires speed rating at the track? I'd like to stay with what I have but if going over what they are rated for even if it's only briefly is unsafe then I'd like to address it that's the whole reason of this thread

Last edited: