Nitrous

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
What’s the setup? How much power are you wanting to make? I recommend turning the fuel down and spraying a lot to make the power you need.

Baking83

Apr 17, 2022
Fully built 7.1 so cal crank cam clam shell mod heads forged piston Carrillo rods girdle arp everywhere s369/s488 billet 2 10mm stroker 150 over injectors suncoast

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Well, this is a Duramax racing forum, so yeah...plenty of the guys ran it.

Moved to Pharmacy. Its been so long since anyone mentioned nitrous around here that I had to remember where threads like these went.

Baking83

Apr 17, 2022
I've ran it on a few trucks (mine and a few customers) but not in any crazy amounts of volume. What are your questions?
I’m not looking for anything crazy, I’ve got a dual stage 50-500 nx set up. So I guess the smallest I can go is 100hp. Where have you put the nozzle? I was thinking about hot side of my Intercooler? Can I spray before it is on boost light the turbos faster ?

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I wouldn't spray it at zero boost, to me that is a recipe for disaster.

As for where to put the nozzles, that is 100% up to you and everyone has a different philosophy on that. I personally am going to be spraying mine in two spots. My small stage will be between my two stages of compression (think compounds) to act as a method to cool the charge air coming from my pair of S369s going into my S472. The rest of it will be sprayed post intercooler to let the intercooler remove as much possible heat as it can to gain the most cooling effect from the nitrous.

Is this the best way? I have no clue, but it's what my brain thinks will provide the coldest/densest air charge.

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
I wouldn't spray it at zero boost, to me that is a recipe for disaster.

As for where to put the nozzles, that is 100% up to you and everyone has a different philosophy on that. I personally am going to be spraying mine in two spots. My small stage will be between my two stages of compression (think compounds) to act as a method to cool the charge air coming from my pair of S369s going into my S472. The rest of it will be sprayed post intercooler to let the intercooler remove as much possible heat as it can to gain the most cooling effect from the nitrous.

Is this the best way? I have no clue, but it's what my brain thinks will provide the coldest/densest air charge.
Makes the most sense to me. I’ve been curious to start measuring temperatures and see how much performance is gained by cooling the air between the turbos.

Reactions: Bdsankey

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
Makes the most sense to me. I’ve been curious to start measuring temperatures and see how much performance is gained by cooling the air between the turbos.
And that is why my truck is setup with a crap ton of data logging equipment! I will be able to see the performance gain by changing where nitrous is added (we're doing 4 bungs in each IC pipe incase we need to run that many smaller stages) and see what happens to HP and efficiency.

Reactions: gmduramax

Baking83

Apr 17, 2022
I’ve got a maximizer 5 controller. It ramps it in via boost rpm vss throttle %. 100 percent agree with post and pre cooler. I wanna make power but not destroy my 38k Lml. If there is a safe zone I’ll be chilling there

Baking83

Apr 17, 2022
Everything lmao…
7.1 stroker clam shell mod heads cam rods forged pistons girdle 150 overs s369/s488 duel 10mm cp3 suncoast the list goes on and on quicker to list what’s stock the frame body and brake light bulbs are stock 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 036.6turbo

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I would use a good progressive controller then and start small watching EGTs. You're probably going to see EGT rise before it starts to fall again.