NHRDA kicks off The 2014 season at Famoso Raceway

NHRDA

Aug 7, 2008
The 2014 season will mark the 10th Anniversary of the NHRDA and we are proud to announce that we will be kicking off the season at Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield California.

Date - March 22nd, 2014
Location - Bakersfield, California

Featuring -
Diesel Drag Racing
Sled Pulling
Dyno Competition
Show N Shine Contests
and the crowd favorite Burnout Contest.

Complete info coming soon

2014-Famoso-lrg.png

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
I'm looking forward to this event at this track. I only have raced there once, but really liked it. Back in the old days :D with Pat/casper and Kat/wendy.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Yes fun times, saw Banks sidewinder for the first time and Team Green all the way from Georgia. Also saw 6 foot tumble weeds fly over at 100 feet when the wind kick up that night in Bakersfield.

I don't know if the burnout contest is the crowd favorite though, with the exception of a couple of places it's a complete waste of time in my opinion. Has seriously screwed up the finish of the drag racing in one event that I can remember due to weather coming in and not being able to finish the race till the next day. Pretty sure NHRDA has it at the end now, and many of the fans have already left.

IdahoRob

Jun 5, 2007
Agreed Ken on the burn out competition. If we had more racers, then I'd think it would go away but they may need the time fill in at this point.

I offered up my car for the driver of the Thailand truck so he could qualify for the finals. I'm not sure when/if he will come on over, hopefully not this race as I want to run it.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I'm looking forward to this event at this track. I only have raced there once, but really liked it. Back in the old days :D with Pat/casper and Kat/wendy.

Iirc, you won and I was runner up that year. I think I lost by .003 or something extremely close. Then I hooked to the sled and had a few drinks :angel:

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
The boys and I are going. Booked our hotel rooms a few weeks ago. I'll be the tow rig this year. My brother in law Josh is gonna run his truck, Craig and I are just gonna hang out, play pit crew and enjoy the show.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im planning on it at this point. Brian is gay and wont go, i dunno if stevie is gunna go with or if im towing him out. still undecided if im gunna run :D