nhrda finals

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
I didn't meet too many new people, but I did get the pleasure of meeting both Mike L. and Guy Tripp. It was really nice visiting with both of those guys and catching up with all the great folks I already knew this weekend.

I looked for you a few times, wanted to put a face with the name. It seemed like every time I was over there the van was gone. Met the guy driving the RC though.

Van looked awesome. Everyone in the crowd loved that thing.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
It was a great event and I got to meet a lot of you guys.:D I tried to find everyone and shake hands. :thumb::D

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I looked for you a few times, wanted to put a face with the name. It seemed like every time I was over there the van was gone. Met the guy driving the RC though.

Van looked awesome. Everyone in the crowd loved that thing.

Yeah, I was running all over the place, and after I lost I went to town to get something to eat because the line at the concession stand was ridiculous.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Left Ennis about 11 am Pacific time on Sunday after watching some of the mud drags. Got home about 11pm last night. 2000 miles in 32 hours of driving and 4 hours of sleep, butt is dragging a bit.

The World Finals were great. Lots of quick trucks and great competitors. There were only a couple of delays due to oil downs, Darren Morrison scatter the engine in the Black Mamba on the line big time, and Brian Spooner broke a front drive line and put a hole in the T-case. Were a couple of other smaller issues, but the event ran well.

Had almost half of the large Prostreet class go out first round due to breakage in the qualifying rounds. Phillip Palmer ended up winning the title when the H&S truck couldn't make the call. Both Team Green and Seth Sullivan made passes that would have set a new record. Both in the 9.10 and 9.11 range, but Seth couldn't back it up before he was eliminated and Team Green didn't get another chance due to the rain.

Max'd Out never made a good pass all days, had an electrical gremlin that caused no throttle response one pass and potentially a TC going bad so it wouldn't launch. Was cutting 1.8 and 1.9 60' which won't cut it in that class.

Super Diesel was a great class. I've never seen so many trucks running right on the number and I mean right on the number. Came down to a total Reaction Time race. I went out third round due to getting treed had a .19 to a .16 on the 4/10 protree. Ran a 11.93 but lost too much on the tree. Didn't beat myself so I'm happy. Verlon went out in the second round so I still had a chance to win it all if I won out. Alas not to be. Had a great time anyway.

Verlon hurt his truck, was smoking white like a bitch. He was burning over a quart of oil every 150 miles on the way home. Hard to say what it is, most likely the bottom oil ring/s or a oil leak in one of the turbos most of the guys who know were saying.

He did manage to hang in and win the Sportsman event.

Congratulations to all the winners and to NHRDA for putting on a great event.

Last edited:

crazycrew

Let's Start A Riot
Oct 3, 2009
S. Louisiana
It was a great event and I got to meet a lot of you guys.:D I tried to find everyone and shake hands. :thumb::D

Me and trey fox were over near robs trailer early saturday am. When we gotr back he asked if I met MikeL? Wanted to meet you, but got tied up after that!! Maybe next time!!

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Me and trey fox were over near robs trailer early saturday am. When we gotr back he asked if I met MikeL? Wanted to meet you, but got tied up after that!! Maybe next time!!

I meat Trey:D sorry I missed you. I will be going to a lot more meets in the future. This one is by far the best.
When I was a teenager and went to the drag strip walking around the different camps I was so amazed. I wanted to talk to the racers but was shy cause I didn't know shit. Now I can walk around the pits and talk to the racers and actualy say something intelligent.:rofl: Sometimes.:D
I still don't know shit.:rofl: You guys have impressed me and you are so professional and I feel proud to be associated with you guys.
Rock On.:happy2:

DURAMXD

BOB SAGET!
Apr 24, 2012
Wichita, KS
Anybody know if there will be a TNT previous night?

They didn't have one last year for Finals. At Texas Nationals in April they had one but said there wouldn't be one for Finals this year either, but there isn't event info up on the NHRDA website yet.