New (to me) truck 2007 GMC

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Nice work man! If I knew how to do vehicle electrical, I'd try all that lighting on my truck.

It's really not too bad. Thanks though :hug:

The truck is looking great, as expected. Where did you get your LED footwell lights. I was looking at some on the superbrightled websight, and it was going to be almost $200 to get enough to do everything I wanted to do.

I ordered my stuff from V-leds back in November when they had a 50% off sale. My 6000k and 3000k HIDS are still on backorder from then though :(

Personally I order from them because they honor their warranty and I'm not swapping emails with some chinese dude trying to get stuff exchanged, I had a switchback bulb go out and they sent me 2 brand new ones no questions asked.

Raised the front bumper and got the mirrors back today from paint.

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03251.jpg

Too dark out for decent pictures.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
Hey Cornell, truck is awesome man. In the picture of the front with the bumper off,the driver side outer cv boot looks like it came off the outboard joint. Its probably just the picture but it just doesnt look right.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Hey Cornell, truck is awesome man. In the picture of the front with the bumper off,the driver side outer cv boot looks like it came off the outboard joint. Its probably just the picture but it just doesnt look right.

I saw that when I looked at the pictures yesterday too :rofl: I decranked it a bit, but you'll notice its the fog socket from the bulb and not the boot if you look close lol.

The angles weren't bad but it rides softer with just a couple turns down.

07bluelbz

Work Hard & Play Harder
Sep 6, 2009
Beaumont,Texas
I saw that when I looked at the pictures yesterday too :rofl: I decranked it a bit, but you'll notice its the fog socket from the bulb and not the boot if you look close lol.

The angles weren't bad but it rides softer with just a couple turns down.

I guess only true gear heads ever even notice stuff like that lol.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
I guess only true gear heads ever even notice stuff like that lol.

haha possibly, as I was loading the pictures I did a double take then went out and looked at the CV boot and did a :wtf: looked at the picture again and it made sense.

I'm trying to do everything myself that I can with this truck. First lift I've ever put in and wasn't bad...Turbo swap is easy enough, egr delete is easy, downpipe is an hour job or so, but dropping and building the Allison properly? I don't know about that. Never been in a transmission before and not sure if I'm ready for this to be my first.

adrenaholc1

Apr 5, 2011
Butler Co. OHIO
I'm pretty sure you can still get the cheetah with an hx40 exhaust flange and 3.5"-4# two piece down pipe. Its a little more $ but if your trying to keep egts at bay every bit helps. You also get driver side Trans dipstick to allow room for down pipe to fit.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Thanks guys! I'm tired of driving a stock tuned truck around.

you going to do a billet or better yet a royalty core grille :D anything else new yet

Not sure, I have a spare grill shell or two :rofl:

Got the Cognito UCA's on Monday

IMAG1101.jpg

IMAG1104.jpg

Now I have positive camber and need an alignment badly.

I ordered an RDL boost tube and intake bridge so I can do it all at the same time instead of tearing it apart more than once when I swap out the turbo. Also have an All Season 3" dp on the way. DSP5 switch is on the way as well.

Who is closest reputable builder for the Allison around me? (Twin Cities) Minnesota?