New look for the new year

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
I know the new year started 4.5 months ago, but my truck hibernates all winter. Got rid of the step bars, added the stack. Still have to come up with a mount for it in the bed, likes to get crooked, and I realized how impossibly hard it is to miter cut a piece of 6" pipe on the a horizontal band saw, it started as a 48" piece of pipe now down to 30" after many botched cuts. lol

I got a DSLR camera this year, I always hated that my red trucks looked pink in pictures on my point and shoot Kodak, a DSLR is unbelievable difference, anyone one the fence, should just go ahead with a DSLR.

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

For comparison sake, last years look, notice the pinish color as opposed to the red.
42910avatar.jpg

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
You guys spend A LOT! of money on wheels and tires LOL... but it looks awesome best looking red NBS i've seen :thumb:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
You guys spend A LOT! of money on wheels and tires LOL... but it looks awesome best looking red NBS i've seen :thumb:

You should see my bowhunting budget. Tranny, built engine, twins...At least I've got one half of a built tranny on a shelf in my garage!:roflmao:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Truck looks great, BMF's look great, lift looks great, not a fan of the flat top stack but with some BLK paint it might grow on me;) Also think a powdered coated front bumper and one of those overpriced RBP blk grills would set your truck off perfectly:thumb: Either way its a great looking truck man....

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
Truck looks great, BMF's look great, lift looks great, not a fan of the flat top stack but with some BLK paint it might grow on me;) Also think a powdered coated front bumper and one of those overpriced RBP blk grills would set your truck off perfectly:thumb: Either way its a great looking truck man....

I like the way you think, I've thought about getting the bumper black instead of chrome, and painting the valance red and the same with the rear. Getting the headlights tinted slighty, or get some of them black headlights, I like the style of those RBP grilles, just not enough to be a big rolling advertisment for them.

I hear you on the stack though, I dont know what to do with that situation yet. I like the placement and and single stack, I just need to do somthing with the color and style of it yet.

I'd just hate to do all that then decide I dont like it.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
I like the way you think, I've thought about getting the bumper black instead of chrome, and painting the valance red and the same with the rear. Getting the headlights tinted slighty, or get some of them black headlights, I like the style of those RBP grilles, just not enough to be a big rolling advertisment for them.

I hear you on the stack though, I dont know what to do with that situation yet. I like the placement and and single stack, I just need to do somthing with the color and style of it yet.

I'd just hate to do all that then decide I dont like it.

I posted this pic on here before but maybe this will help your decision;) I prefer the miter cut to the flat top myself but to each there own....
D-maxblk.jpg

Last edited:

z79outlaw

Apr 20, 2007
Salem WI
What size tire's are you running?

BFG at 305/55/20's they come to about 34 - 34.5" true height, they were about the same height as the 35" MTZ that I bought the truck with that had 50% less tread. I wanted 325/60/20's but at the time they were about $600 more for the set. Now I see there within $150 or so. That'll likely be the next size i think the true size for them should be 35 - 35.5".