New guy here from Central MI

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
New guy here from central MI. Hopefully you all can help me out with what I need to know about my diesel truck. I have had it for a year or so now nad have 34000 mile on it. But now I would like to get a little more out of my diesel. I recently put a Banks cold air intake on it and now I'm ready for the next step to make my great truck a badass truck.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Welcome :welcome7:

Fill out your Signature under "User CP" and we can help more I see you have an 08 so it is a LMM.

Step one get a good Tuner if you want to go Bad A$$ get EFI-Live. WE have a lot of good Vendors here that can get you started with it.

Then get a good 4" or 5" Exhaust if you can I would delete the "DOC" and the "DPF" That will get you more power and better MPG.

After that you are where I am saving for a Trans.

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
What is it that is so impressive about EFI Live. I see alot of people run them so I'm sure its a very good product. How much different is it compared to Banks six gun? Its my understanding by advertisment that Banks is clean power and they also protect the trans. I am not sure I want to void my warrenty yet but if I do I would like to go the safest route good hp gains without hurting anything.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
EFI Live is what we call the ultimate in tuning it can do just about anything. The Banks stuff is just that safe it does not tune your trucks computer but fool it to do things. The power you get from Banks will be nice but nothing near what is out there. It will also make the Regen happen more often and cost you more MPG. I am not saying not to get Banks they make good stuff but it is not anything Bad A$$.

We all have to remember if we want to play we have to pay. Also nothing is 100% safe as I know people kill a trans with 100% stock trucks and others make them live at huge HP numbers.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Welcome from Lansing!

A bunch of us are getting together up at Stanton on the 20th to do some racing. You're welcome to come out!

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
What is it that is so impressive about EFI Live. I see alot of people run them so I'm sure its a very good product. How much different is it compared to Banks six gun? Its my understanding by advertisment that Banks is clean power and they also protect the trans. I am not sure I want to void my warrenty yet but if I do I would like to go the safest route good hp gains without hurting anything.

efi will also let you fine tune your truck for your likes/dislikes and exactly what type of driving style you personally do or want.

I've run the 6gun for almost 150,000 miles, but lately have been using an efi tune most of the time. i love & miss the switch on the fly power changes of the 6gun. but i think thats about to change with a switch!

booxr800

Boo
Sep 13, 2009
Central Michigan
Welcome from Lansing!

A bunch of us are getting together up at Stanton on the 20th to do some racing. You're welcome to come out!
I would love to but I think I have to go back to work soon like Tues. or Wed.
and will be gone the rest of the month most likely. I usually work about 3-4 weeks on and a week off. Maybe next time.

dynodave1

dynodave1
Aug 17, 2009
Perham, MN.
www.dlccycle.com
Welcome :welcome7:

Fill out your Signature under "User CP" and we can help more I see you have an 08 so it is a LMM.

Step one get a good Tuner if you want to go Bad A$$ get EFI-Live. WE have a lot of good Vendors here that can get you started with it.

Then get a good 4" or 5" Exhaust if you can I would delete the "DOC" and the "DPF" That will get you more power and better MPG.

After that you are where I am saving for a Trans.

Times 2! Welcome.