new guy from saratoga NY

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
hey guys my name is mike, i have an 05 gmc dmax, a few things done to it nothin major, also have a few questions if you guys could help that would be great! look forward to looking through the forum and check out everyones trucks!

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
on the truck now, i has a hypertec tuner, a 5 inch turbo back magnaflow exhaust an intake and some small other things, befor i did anything to the truck (besides the tuner) me and my dad took it to florida mid trip it started throwing codes, it started off with with like 4 codes, 2 of which were just bullshit dtc not recongnized codes, and the others were exhaust gas recirulation flow insufficent and exhaust gas recirculation control curcuit range/ performance.... those arnt bad the one that gets me is the turbo underboost.... im not sure why... i will clear the code and the truck will fully open up.. but when the code is thrown the trucks turbo doesnt open up or anything im not sure if you guys happen to have any idea! thanks for you help

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
and yeah, have you ever been to the washington country truck pulls? they are 10x better! i love your truck looks great!

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
welcome to dd.. And i would probally delete the egr system and upgrade to efi live or ppe that can shut the code off after deleting the egr. or block it off but deleting it is better.

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
so your saying that the efi live would fully delet those codes? also another question i had is how do people roll coal for such distances, my will puff black clouds but nothin crazy

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
jake brake, how bad are the cops with your frront tint on your front window and drivers? and what % did you do?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Agreed with the above, EGR delete, EFI... I also pulled at washington county this past year and in years past.. As far as blowing smoke, its kind of a taboo word around here, BLK smoke = unburnt fuel which in turn ='s inefficient tuning that makes less power (Usually) and draws negative attention to diesels in general..

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
what do you mean by the ERG delete? and did you do anything to your drivetrain to beef it up at all? or did you just pull.... im more scared about breakin an axle or somthing!

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
what do you mean by the ERG delete? and did you do anything to your drivetrain to beef it up at all? or did you just pull.... im more scared about breakin an axle or somthing!

There are quite a few company's/vendors on here that sell EGR Delete kits, just use the search tab and you will find out everything you desire to know about the EGR system and how/why you should delete it. I have beefed up pretty much the whole drivetrain on my 05 over the years. But for the occasional pull all you really need is some sleeves for your tie rods ($50-$100 bucks) and lower your torsion bars all the way down or atleast untill your CV's angles are flat..

mikesiena268

Jan 23, 2012
alright ill have to search those sleeves and grab a set, and then take a look at the torsion level, and friends with darian? im not sure darian who?