LLY: New guy, big trouble.

zvacman

Aug 12, 2017
I changed the filter head tonight, still no start. The Edge CTS programmer isn't showing any fault codes. It started raining really hard before I could try to pressurize the tank, although I have no idea what the would do for me in terms of diognostics. Any help would be appreciated.

Z

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
I changed the filter head tonight, still no start. The Edge CTS programmer isn't showing any fault codes. It started raining really hard before I could try to pressurize the tank, although I have no idea what the would do for me in terms of diognostics. Any help would be appreciated.

Z

I didn't read through this but by creating positive pressure in the tank it will show you where if any leaks are. Since the system is under vacuum when operating it would suck air in instead of leaking fuel out. Don't go crazy though 10psi is plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Z

Check the line going from fuel distribution on the drivers side to the filter head.

zvacman

Aug 12, 2017
Check the line going from fuel distribution on the drivers side to the filter head.

Do you mean from the fuel cooler forward? I change the cooler 2 years ago and due to severe rust on the fitting I had to cut it off and replace it with a rubber fuel line and hose clamp. I checked that area when the truck was leaking fuel badly but I'll give it another look.

Thanks, Z

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Maybe you should try more trouble shooting and less parts changing. If you need some guidance just ask.
Jam an air Chuck and a rag in the filler neck and pump some air in the tank. 5psi is enough to make it leak if there is one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zvacman

Aug 12, 2017
Thank you to all that replied. I got the truck going finally. I do however have a tip to help find any leaks if you are working by yourself. I had laying around the shop a "tool" that I made for unclogging plumbing pipes. It consists of a 2" rubber pipe coupler, a 2" threaded pipe cap with an air nipple threaded into it. This tool fit perfectly onto the filler neck and tightened with a screw clamp. I set the compressor to 10psi an connected the air hose. With consistent pressure on the system I was able to find the leak easily. Without the pressure I would have never found it. It was on top of one of the lines and squirting fuel to the top of the tank and running down the side. Thanks again.

Z