New: Dodge 5.9 stand alone ECU

mde

fuel injection is my life
Mar 17, 2007
Bucky State
Here my post on CompD's:

Week review:

Monday I had a late start so I arrived Lawrence, KS later that night. Tuesday morning we checked the cam trigger wheel for our new concept to run the trigger. I made some electrical tests how far the pin has to be out of the wheel. The challenges was to have the space in the front cover with all the ribs from the casting. We pressed the pin in the maximal height position so that we don't hit anything and shimmed the cam-shaft positioning sensor. I decided to decrease the air gap between pin and cam-sensor so we have a good signal by higher rpm ... higher rpm's gives smaller digital output of the sensor. We took the cam shaft out and replaced the cam-gear, it was planned to use a higher rpm cam but didn't came in in time. some little bugs to press the gear back on but we figured it with no problem. As we had the cam back together, also surrounding parts needed, we counted the tooth's for cam and crank and programmed in software. In preparation before my travel to Kansas I flow tested and balanced the injectors, so I have the injector map to put in my application program, also I configured the timing map so I don't have to play with this parameters. I started to connect the wiring harness to the injectors and sensors, and checked the output. I had two issues, one with the rail pressure sensor and one with the MAP/IAT sensor. Both where wrong described in the electrical manual I got but as well, I figured out. After maybe 10 tries of starting and adjusting the cold-start fuel map, she just fired up and purr like a cat ... with some adjusting of the throttle position and adjusting the fuel curve we got our target accomplished. We never had time to run it on the dyno, because I have to leave on Monday for Europe and have some stuff to do at home, but it looks like the tranny still works, it shifted in R and N ... Now when I go back we will put her on the dyno and fine tune. In the meantime we dress up the wiring harness, find a marine 12V-24V converter, put the ECU on a relay which we can work with the key starter, and maybe try some runs. Right now I have maybe a 250HP tune on it for testing the drive ability.

Was a fun week, it is nice to work with John from Floor It Diesel, and Scott and Clay his employees, and my new buddy Boo the dog

Also here some videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXpkCJT-zV8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tgh_QHQWFE