New Allison

robertleeii

LMM Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
Houston, TX
well i just got in to the 20th century and bought an automatic transmission.

since i have never looked in the Allison threads on the DP i have very little of an idea what is available for the aftermarket for it. from what i have read on hear it seems suncoast is king over here. what should i have to do to my new 6 speed Allison transmission :D to hold the power i eventually plan on putting in it?? and what kinda $$$ ??? i am sure it will be more than putting a clutch in a ZF-6 :eek:

i have also been researching sheep :joker: i hear that helps some how!!! :joker:

paint94979

Beer Nazi
Sep 18, 2006
well i just got in to the 20th century and bought an automatic transmission.

since i have never looked in the Allison threads on the DP i have very little of an idea what is available for the aftermarket for it. from what i have read on hear it seems suncoast is king over here. what should i have to do to my new 6 speed Allison transmission :D to hold the power i eventually plan on putting in it?? and what kinda $$$ ??? i am sure it will be more than putting a clutch in a ZF-6 :eek:

i have also been researching sheep :joker: i hear that helps some how!!! :joker:

A transgo jr., 1057, probably add another clutch to c3, deep pan and you should be fine for 500hp

How do you like the Allison compared to the ZF-6?

JOHNBOY

< Rocking the Big Single!
Aug 30, 2006
Saegertown, Pa
They are nice.

The biggest trouble I have with mine is getting the wifey to hand over the keys! I looked a Dodge 6.7 6speed dually yesterday. It was pretty sweet. I know see won"t hog it all the time. Now I got figure out how to get her to let me two new trucks in one year.:eek: Company truck maybe?:rofl:

Aint gonna happen.

For my 07 the plan is Transgo Jr., deep steel pan, filter lock, snake oiler, and maybe a Co-Pilot.

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I was holding around 500 rwhp and 555 on the bottle but stepped the shot up and limped the trans all I had was the 1057 and a transgo jr, With the gt4094 on the shifts just started felling like they were falling off so BigDipper added some goodies and found that I was losing the c3's and c4's good luck with the new truck