Need pictures of Clutches/Pressure Plates

Sud

May 15, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Likely won't turn much/anything up, but could folks post up pics of their aftermarket clutch, specifically the pressure plate (even more specific, the fingers)?

If anyone has one out or access to it, could you post pics of the inner diameter of the fingers (where the hole is in the middle, for the input shaft). along with a measurement if possible. (tape measure or caliper in the picture)

Need to know how the "ends" of the fingers are designed on different clutches, and the length of the fingers, or as I said the diameter of that "hole" in the middle of the fingers.

Like this...
1fuq.jpg

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I have my triple disk buried in the garage. I'll see if I can fetch it and send you some pics this weekend. I've got to work this weekend and when I'm not doing that I've got a honey-do list a freakin mile long that the wife is sick and tired of having. But I'll try to scrounge this thing up for you bud. :thumb:

Sud

May 15, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Mitch, that'd be awesome! if you need a hang with anything gimme a holler, but i'm working bout every night at autozone this week.

If it wouldn't be too late, I could swing by one night after work (around 9:15ish) and take a look at that clutch? mainly just need to see the pressure plate.

Sud

May 15, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
maybe within 1/8 of an inch? as close as you can get it anyway. maybe do it a couple different directions to ensure "accuracy".

I have a feeling the throwout bearing is slipping off one side of the pressure plate fingers, and only pressing in "half" the pressure plate's fingers. just a hunch, but may be what's causing my slave cylinders to fail - too much pressure on one side/getting in a bind.

Thanks!

Sud

May 15, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
Got it straightened out I believe.

Replaced my pressure plate with a new one, with a smaller "hole" on the inside of the pressure plate fingers (basically longer fingers).

Got it all back together last night and took it for a test drive - so far so good. Actually the clutch pedal feels WAY better than it ever has, in the 2.5 years i've had that clutch in this truck. smoother and not as stiff/heavy to push in.

Have to give Kenny Smith a big thanks, talked to him and explained the trouble I was having, took a day off work and drove an hour and a half to take him the clutch, he hooked me up with a new pressure plate and set it all back up, and didn't charge me a dime. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (Kenny's Pulling Parts and Machine, Wayneburg KY)

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
Awesome!

I had good experiences with Kenny's services as well with my dodge several years ago. Good co. to deal with for sure! :thumb: