Need help with a truck pull ( LMM )

jalanv1

Nov 21, 2007
Blairs Mills, Pa.
Guys,

I'm going to a truck pull tonight to watch my buddy, I normally pull. But until I get my motor re done. I can only watch, it's driving me nuts. I thought about pulling my new 08 CC LMM, but I'm trying to figure out what gear to run in. I'm still not used to the M mode and the shifting. I thought I would try 2nd in low range.

Any thoughts on this?

I would be pulling in the stock class. ( showroom class )

Thanks for any help.

jim

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
no tuner or anything on it? If that's the case, yeah, 2nd gear 4lo is probably all you'll be able to handle power wise. Worst case is you rev out and need to tap shift it on up to 3rd. :D

C-ya

WanaDmaxsub

Junior Member W/gray hair
Feb 17, 2007
Don't forget about your stock tierods;)
If you decide not to risk breaking them and pull in 2wd...use 2nd gear but be ready to shift it into 3rd if needed.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
He can take it back to the dealer with a leaking converter and tell them he doesnt no what the hell happen to it. With the truck being stock they would beilve him. Just tell them u notice your tranny leaks tranny fluid u think its the front seal. You think its the torque converter pressure check it:D

jalanv1

Nov 21, 2007
Blairs Mills, Pa.
Thanks guys for the help,

I pulled in M2-4LO,

There was not enough stockers, so they made me pull in 8000lb. street diesel, I pulled 205 ft. I creeped about 1' ft before coming to a complete stop. I was running @ 3500rpm max towards the end, I dropped my pressure down to 40psi in the front. Nothing in the rear, I just wanted to see how my stocker pulled. But without pushing the limits, I know I could have dropped air pressure in the front to about 28psi, 45 in the rear.

But I had fun.

Thanks guys.

jim

jalanv1

Nov 21, 2007
Blairs Mills, Pa.
I did nothing at all to the truck, other then the M2 and 4LO. I wasn't going to pull after I found out I was in the 8000lb mod class. But like Jeremy said you already paid, and entered you mise well pull.

jim