NEED Help, Water dripping in driver side floor!

Duracopter

<-LBZ Project
Oct 29, 2009
Little Rock, AR
ok so its been raining alot around here lately and i've noticed when i get in my truck the floor mat it wet or has standing water on it, guess it depends on how long it rains! I've seen that it is dripping from the metal plate on the left side of the dash to the parking brake pedal. Any ideas of where this could be coming in at? Any help would be great! thanks.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
IIRC there are some drain holes that are probably clogged. There was a post a remember reading but I can't find it at this moment :(

Duracopter

<-LBZ Project
Oct 29, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Well hopefully it will be the same for the driver side! Its been sitting in the parking lot here at work and I've had to dump the floor mat twice since 6:30 this morning!:mad:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

thats for the A/C evap, i dont think that will help much with dura's issue :eek:.

Well hopefully it will be the same for the driver side! Its been sitting in the parking lot here at work and I've had to dump the floor mat twice since 6:30 this morning!:mad:

IF you can in a dry area, roll your window down, take a dollar bill and shut the door with the dollar bill between the door seal and cab at the top. grab both ends of the dollar and work it up and down along the door seal from teh mirror to the top right corner (or top left if your on the passenger side). if there is no resistance in any spot along the way it will cause a leak or wind noise. if there is resistance all the way along the spot, your leak is somewhere else (windshield leak, hole in roof, so on). let me know what you find, there is a easy way to tweak the door to make it seal again.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
IF you can in a dry area, roll your window down, take a dollar bill and shut the door with the dollar bill between the door seal and cab at the top. grab both ends of the dollar and work it up and down along the door seal from teh mirror to the top right corner (or top left if your on the passenger side). if there is no resistance in any spot along the way it will cause a leak or wind noise. if there is resistance all the way along the spot, your leak is somewhere else (windshield leak, hole in roof, so on). let me know what you find, there is a easy way to tweak the door to make it seal again.

I would like to know the easy tweak. Right where the door frame curves at the top is pretty much open. I get the wind noise real bad from there. I can take my fingers and pull at that spot and it goes away.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I would like to know the easy tweak. Right where the door frame curves at the top is pretty much open. I get the wind noise real bad from there. I can take my fingers and pull at that spot and it goes away.

its kinda typical. have a buddy hold the door open (you will want him to keep it from closing), make sure your window is completely down, put both hands on the outside area of the door frame where there is no resistance and give it a "pump" like you are giving CPR to someone. your gunna have to use a good amount of force so if your a light guy, you may need someone whos big boned :D. Give it one or two pumps and re-check with the dollar. You wont hurt how the window goes up, jsut dont use anymore force than a single person can give, it doesnt take much to make it seal and stop the wind noise. You would be surprised how many body shops charge an arm and leg to fix those type issues and this is all they do

Duracopter

<-LBZ Project
Oct 29, 2009
Little Rock, AR
thats for the A/C evap, i dont think that will help much with dura's issue :eek:.

Dude your the man! My passenger door does that, so i'm gonna try it! Also its my windshield that was leaking. Took off the a pillar cover and had my girl spray the top of the truck and found it, so i siliconed the shit out of it and i'm gonna see how that does this week cause we have more rain coming.

Also glad you got your truck back KAT!

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
its kinda typical. have a buddy hold the door open (you will want him to keep it from closing), make sure your window is completely down, put both hands on the outside area of the door frame where there is no resistance and give it a "pump" like you are giving CPR to someone. your gunna have to use a good amount of force so if your a light guy, you may need someone whos big boned :D. Give it one or two pumps and re-check with the dollar. You wont hurt how the window goes up, jsut dont use anymore force than a single person can give, it doesnt take much to make it seal and stop the wind noise. You would be surprised how many body shops charge an arm and leg to fix those type issues and this is all they do

Thanks for the info. I was kinda figuring that was what you would say. But you never know. There might have been some secret squirrel stuff. A couple of years ago I put a 2x4 in the window, braced on the lower windows frame on the inside and against the upper frame where it needs to be moved in on the outside. But that didn't work. My flyweight a$$ (160lbs.) is to light I guess.

MOJO

Jul 8, 2009
IN
This is a old body shop trick; we have done this on alot of wrecks and rebuilds:thumb: A little lacquer thinner works on rubber gaskets to. I know sounds dumb but it swells the seal back up. Just wipe it down with a wet rag.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
This is a old body shop trick; we have done this on alot of wrecks and rebuilds:thumb: A little lacquer thinner works on rubber gaskets to. I know sounds dumb but it swells the seal back up. Just wipe it down with a wet rag.

oh i know that lol. learned it from my grandpa who was a painter for 30 years starting back in the early 60s :D