Help: Need Help to Save a Cats Life

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
My Wife made a Go Fund Me to help save our Niece and Nephews pet Kitten. The poor cat was hit by a car. Any help would be appreciated.

“Cooper, my niece and nephews kitty was hit by a car this morning and needs surgery to repair his injuries. Please help me save this little guy and keep him from having to be put down. He’s less than a year old. He has many more mice to catch, cuddles to give, and adventures to go on!

I know two little kids who would greatly appreciate any thing you could give or do to help save their kitten!”

gf.me/u/s45ct9

8fa3688d8c0bfacb72dde4f5ecec138b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Seriously? This is a diesel forum. This is your first post in over 2.5 years and asking for money? Get the hell out of here.

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Take kitten and put it in a pail, car exhaust into the pail, check the free ad’s for new kitten that looks the same, 3 days later return with new kitten. They’ll never know the difference.

graystonelbz

Jul 20, 2007
Prior Lake,MN
people having the nerve to ask for things like this is what is wrong with the world today. I need a built trans and don't wanna pay for it, should I start a GO fund me? GTFOH

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
Yea i haven’t been on here in a while. Well, really since i sold my truck. But i will get another one someday and be back to posting regularly.

But anyhow i know to most this is considered silly. Im just trying to share it and help out that family. Sometimes these things can go a bit viral and you get lots of people donating a little bit and the goal is reached. My wife figured it was worth a shot so we will see how it goes. But she asked me to share it on my instagram and i dont have many followers on there and figured i would post it to the places I’ve been more involved with in the past. I think any life is worth attempting to save and worth trying if possible. Thanks guys.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yea i haven’t been on here in a while. Well, really since i sold my truck. But i will get another one someday and be back to posting regularly.

But anyhow i know to most this is considered silly. Im just trying to share it and help out that family. Sometimes these things can go a bit viral and you get lots of people donating a little bit and the goal is reached. My wife figured it was worth a shot so we will see how it goes. But she asked me to share it on my instagram and i dont have many followers on there and figured i would post it to the places I’ve been more involved with in the past. I think any life is worth attempting to save and worth trying if possible. Thanks guys.

then the family should be figuring it out. If you and they feel its worth dropping the coin to fix that cat, do it on your own. Dont pray on peoples feelings for a cat and kids to have them donate money to something that by this time should have already been in the process of being done or paid for and done.

GoFundMe can be a good thing in very limited small cases. This is just negligence of the cat getting out and getting hit by a car. The only ones feeling guilty should be the parents and they should be manning up to take care of it or put the cat down.

Sorry, at the end of the day there is alot of better uses for this money than this kind of crap.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
then the family should be figuring it out. If you and they feel its worth dropping the coin to fix that cat, do it on your own. Dont pray on peoples feelings for a cat and kids to have them donate money to something that by this time should have already been in the process of being done or paid for and done.

GoFundMe can be a good thing in very limited small cases. This is just negligence of the cat getting out and getting hit by a car. The only ones feeling guilty should be the parents and they should be manning up to take care of it or put the cat down.

Sorry, at the end of the day there is alot of better uses for this money than this kind of crap.

Yea i mean your probably right. But some people genuinely enjoy giving for various reasons and causes. Thats up to the giver and what they value. Also im aware some people aren’t great with money. And a lot of these campaigns can be avoided if people handled their finances better, like having an emergency fund in place and the correct insurances. To fix this cat is a lot of money for one person to swallow. We contributed some towards it to help them. Thats all anyone can do for any cause. But yea i understand where most of you guys are coming from. Its just a cat. But the family must value that cat enough to want it to live but cant afford it on their own. Just one of those things. They are talking to an animal shelter as well to see if anyone that could afford to fix the cat would be willing to adopt him and the money raised would go towards helping them with that or refunded if the giver wants that. or if the cat does end up being put down all donations will be given back. Sorry if i offended anyone. If this isn’t allowed mod can just take it down.

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yea i mean your probably right. But some people genuinely enjoy giving for various reasons and causes. Thats up to the giver and what they value. Also im aware some people aren’t great with money. And a lot of these campaigns can be avoided if people handled their finances better, like having an emergency fund in place and the correct insurances. To fix this cat is a lot of money for one person to swallow. We contributed some towards it to help them. Thats all anyone can do for any cause. But yea i understand where most of you guys are coming from. Its just a cat. But the family must value that cat enough to want it to live but cant afford it on their own. Just one of those things. They are talking to an animal shelter as well to see if anyone that could afford to fix the cat would be willing to adopt him and the money raised would go towards helping them with that or refunded if the giver wants that. or if the cat does end up being put down all donations will be given back. Sorry if i offended anyone. If this isn’t allowed mod can just take it down.

i dont believe that for a second. people dont just shell out their hard earned money for no reason. There has to be a reason and the sales pitch.... story on the gofundme has to be good enough it coax someone into donating their cash to "help".

if the family values that cat as stated, they should be the ones taking on the financial responsibility, not relying on others to pick up the slack.

it doesnt help in the fact its not even the family who started the GoFundMe.

C.bowles2

2005 lly duramax
Nov 16, 2013
Ohio
i dont believe that for a second. people dont just shell out their hard earned money for no reason. There has to be a reason and the sales pitch.... story on the gofundme has to be good enough it coax someone into donating their cash to "help".

if the family values that cat as stated, they should be the ones taking on the financial responsibility, not relying on others to pick up the slack.

it doesnt help in the fact its not even the family who started the GoFundMe.

Well thats what im saying, to some people this is enough to donate. To save the cats life. To some people its not. My wife started the go fund me to help them. Its for her sister, niece and nephew. I do know our nephew loves that cat. He is always carrying around a stuffed animal version of the exact same cat haha

I get it though, i figured it wouldn’t get a ton of traction but we are trying for them. In the grand scheme of things your right there are more important things to be giving money to. But like i said thats up the the giver and what they think is important. We are just sharing it. I initially said just find another new kitten and put him down. But thats easy for me to say since its not my cat. If it was our dog i wouldn’t hesitate. I love our dog. Its all perspective and some can relate to it.

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
I'll say that for having some shit slung on you for it on here, kudos for responding in a calm and collected manor without getting bent outta shape. :thumb:

I honestly don't think I would have. I'd be quick to give the same shit talking right back. Good for you keeping it civil. :)

gmduramax

Shits broke
Jun 12, 2008
Nor cal
Hmmmm you know my cat just got hit by a car too, gonna start my go fund me so I can get new rims. Oh I mean fix my cat

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
If they truly want to save the cat and don't have the cash. Other than a GoFundMe page, they could apply for care credit. Most of the time its interest free if paid back within the financial agreement and almost all doctors, dentists and vets accept it for payment.