Need help, I'm at my breaking point.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I'm at my wits end with this truck. If I can't figure it out I'm seriously selling it and starting over. Seems like my probs started after going to the track a couple times earlier this year. I had a few launches that were very violent due too suspension issues. One person said my pass side front tire bounced about 6" in the air on one launch. I noticed that soon after it felt like my front end was binding up when I turn sharp. Seemed like it was in 4wd. So my philosophy is don't fix it until it breaks. So I kept driving it. Then at a pull in June I was making my second of two hooks that night and when I tried to build boost it got to about 2000rpms and popped out of gear, so I tried again, same thing, they let me make one more run at it and it finally popped a po872 code. So I thought trans. Nope. Trans works great, I drove it home that night with no issues. So I drop the pan, change the spin on, change the internal and everything looks fine. Fluid was perfect. Then I think maybe the transfer case. So I rebuild it, same problems. Someone suggests blocking rings in case. So I buy a used case with 16k miles on it. Same issue. After I got this case put in there I tried building boost in 4lo and it popped out gear then it wouldn't work at all in 4lo. Just says shift range inhibited. 4hi and 2wd work fine except for popping out of gear when building boost. I can roll out to 10-20mph hammer on it and it works great, shifts great, just like it should. I've noticed that when I stop somewhere and throw my shifter into park it takes a second for the P light to light up. Sometimes it rolls a few inches then slams in park. This only started about 2 weeks ago before I swapped cases. Can my front end b jacked causing this issue? G80? Trans? Nsbu? I'm lost. I can usually figure stuff out but this is frustrating. If anyone has any ideas I'm open to any suggestions. Sorry for the long post.

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008
I would try an NSBU before all that other expensive stuff.. It seems like an electrical issue not a hard parts issue.

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Could it be motor mounts due to the violent launches? Maybe there's some excess movement that could be causing your issues. As for the hard steering, maybe check and see if your idler mount is tweaked.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I've been wondering recently about the motor mounts. The motor really torques over when I build boost. The other day I made a super sharp turn and my front end started clanking and binding up and it felt like it might stop the truck! Even started spinning the drivers rear tire a little. This is the single most defeating problem I've ever had with a vehicle. I can swap t cases in about an hour I've done it so much.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Let me add that when I have the key on and truck in neutral I can hear the motor switch from 4hi to 4lo to 2wd. Seems like everything is working right as far as that goes. The only other problem I've had is a broken driveshaft last October at a pull.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
Sorry I didn't see you have an 06. Have you looked inside the front diff?

Not yet, I changed the fluid to see if I had debris in it. I didn't see any chunks but the fluid looked a little milky. I think my next step is to tear it apart. And possibly look into the motor mounts.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
So I wanted to update this in case someone else has the same issues I had. So far so good on building boost in every gear(4hi,lo,2wd). Turned out to b a completely separated drivers side motor mount, a trans mount that wasn't happy, and the shifter cable was broke and allowing the cable to kink, then go into park after a second. I'm glad it's fixed but what a head ache. I also had a mild vibration above about 80mph and obviously that's gone too. I will try to get the pics and a video up.

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
IMG_0354.jpg

Pretty sweet. Now it has a stock gm replacement mount with a good b16 bolt through it.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
I wish i could find it but there is a thread on here called Johnboy cheap motor mount fix or something like that as i havent been able to find the thread by searching.It was a great thread for boltong the motor mounts,i did mine and have had no problems what so ever with my stock mounts.

Glad you got to the bottom of it.:thumb: