need a wiring diagram for a Volt power cord

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
So with all the free recharge staTions popping up for the electronic cars I thought it would be SWEEEEEEEEET to pull up with the dmax and plug in the block heater. :D:woott:

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
One of you vendors needs to start selling the cords to go from the charge station to block heater and give me a free one and a cut of the profits :woott:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
All the electric car tree hugging fags would be soooo pissed if they pulled in to charge their car and all the charger where takin up by a bunch of "gas guzzling redneck big truck" LOL:roflmao:

jc64

Sep 29, 2006
Oregon
Not a bad idea. We have two stations at work. They are charged by a solar panel carport that holds about 15 cars. No one has seen a car at the chargers yet (day shift or nights). I work nights which would be perfect. I drive the truck but only once a week, the beater car the rest. I do drive the truck when winter weather hits. Hummm.

jc

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
Im not wanting to do it just to piss people off:D

sure would be handy those nights I'm catching a nap in a parking lot somewhere. Keep the engine warm. plug in an elec heater:coolspot:

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I don't know about all the other E-Cars. But I do know the Nissan LEAF can be charged using 120, 240 or 480. The 110 takes about 20 hours to charge.. The 220 is what is installed at the home. And it has an 8 hour charge time. The 480 has a 30 minute charge time, but only to 80% of it capacity. So you might want to be careful with that. Here is a screenshot of the info directly from Nissan. It's one of the tests I had to take for my job. Even though we have no LEAFs or charging stations for them here in Anchorage.

And like I said. This is for the Nissan LEAF. I don't know about the other makes.

Attachments

• Nissan Leaf Charging info.jpg
    Nissan Leaf Charging info.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 20

lotsofmiles

Father of the Van
Dec 4, 2008
Michigan
The cords are supposed to be universal. So its just a matter of: are the charging stations 110 or 220? And making a cord that goes from the station to standard 110?

The volt I drove today had a cord with 6 prongs on it I think. Salesman said 2 of the prongs were sensors and not for charging.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I know the LEAF cords are not standard to others. And the stations for them will more than likely be 240 and/or 480. And getting the cable end so you can make an adapter might prove hard to get.