My truck keeps dinging at me

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
Anybody have an idea why my 2008 C3500HD dings at me 4 times just about every time I make a right turn at speed? nothing shows on the information display.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I don't think so, but will pay more attention, if it does light a light it clears before I can complete the turn and look at the dash.

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
No ABS light? No "brake" light? Could be a bad ABS sensor or hub.
While I have you on the line, can you give me some idea why I cannot put my truck in elevated idle? as instructed I put the accelerator to the floor and hit the brake three times, every time I get an elevated idle off message.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
I think some codes will prevent the elevated idle. Maybe see if the chimes are related buy checking for codes

Reactions: J_Stone06

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
I was paying close attention today and I did read "passenger door" It comes and goes so fast I did not get the read it all but assume it is "ajar"
It is back to normal by the time the steering wheel would be where I could normally read the display, so I guess that mystery is solved.
I will see if there are any codes

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
DTC's will prevent elevated idle and remote starting capabilities, IIRC. I say that because I have a bad #8 GP and it kills the truck's remote start capability, after engine startup, by killing the engine, and it also doesn't allow for elevated idle, either. 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 2004LB7

Mogman

May 3, 2020
Papalote, TX
DTC's will prevent elevated idle and remote starting capabilities, IIRC. I say that because I have a bad #8 GP and it kills the truck's remote start capability, after engine startup, by killing the engine, and it also doesn't allow for elevated idle, either. 👍🏻
I will check the codes, remote starting is working normally, I had a "did not warm up fast enough" code the other day and cleared all the codes so I don't think I have any, but will look.

Reactions: J_Stone06

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
While I have you on the line, can you give me some idea why I cannot put my truck in elevated idle? as instructed I put the accelerator to the floor and hit the brake three times, every time I get an elevated idle off message.
Sorry, that's far above my pay grade. I think the guys are on the right track, though. Check codes first.