my second attempt at tuning. SAC45's and LBZ FPR

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
Well after my injectors shit the bed, in quick fashion i might add, I went with SAC45's from LDS. I also threw in an LBZ FPR while I was in there. After a few revisions I've gotten it pretty tame I think. Still a little touchy off idle but I can live with it for now. I wanted to wait to see how it pulled the trailer. I had been using Dave's no logic tune for a while and daily'd and towed with that and it was great. I'm quite pleased with the way this new tune handled the trailer. EGT's climbing hills was around 1100*-1200* (Cajon pass and Baker grade). I would see 1350* on the stupid unlocked 5-4 downshift but as soon as the converter locked up they dropped. Being it wasn't very hot out, coolant temps never went above 203*. Usually stayed at 199* climbing hills. This was all at 65 mph. And the trailer weighs about 10,000 lbs.
So here is the tune. Feel free to ask questions and critique it. I'll do my best to answer lol.

Attachments

• SAC45my_first_tune_2.zip
    294.3 KB · Views: 35

Vmyrhaug

Mar 6, 2016
Norway
Well after my injectors shit the bed, in quick fashion i might add, I went with SAC45's from LDS. I also threw in an LBZ FPR while I was in there. After a few revisions I've gotten it pretty tame I think. Still a little touchy off idle but I can live with it for now. I wanted to wait to see how it pulled the trailer. I had been using Dave's no logic tune for a while and daily'd and towed with that and it was great. I'm quite pleased with the way this new tune handled the trailer. EGT's climbing hills was around 1100*-1200* (Cajon pass and Baker grade). I would see 1350* on the stupid unlocked 5-4 downshift but as soon as the converter locked up they dropped. Being it wasn't very hot out, coolant temps never went above 203*. Usually stayed at 199* climbing hills. This was all at 65 mph. And the trailer weighs about 10,000 lbs.
So here is the tune. Feel free to ask questions and critique it. I'll do my best to answer lol.
tested this on my 03lb7 with sac45, portet turbo, 4" exhaust and banks ram air. used my stock scale for fpr. i got bad gear shifts, engine dropped down too idle between each shift, and power was way down.. i have lowered gear shift and lockup speeds, for milage and sound. maybee problem was there along with fpr scale.
went back too dave no logic tune, with lowered us around 40%, but have a little dieselknock, not bad, but a little. need too drop us or fp a little, too strong for stock trans..

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
tested this on my 03lb7 with sac45, portet turbo, 4" exhaust and banks ram air. used my stock scale for fpr. i got bad gear shifts, engine dropped down too idle between each shift, and power was way down.. i have lowered gear shift and lockup speeds, for milage and sound. maybee problem was there along with fpr scale.
went back too dave no logic tune, with lowered us around 40%, but have a little dieselknock, not bad, but a little. need too drop us or fp a little, too strong for stock trans..
Give this one a try. I adjusted the Base Torque and Torque Limited Injection Quantity tables which is often the cause of bad shifting when adjusting the throttle table

Attachments

• SAC45my_first_tune_2A.zip
    294.4 KB · Views: 22

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I do need to adjust my torque table in the lower areas. Just haven’t done it yet lol. There is a lot of defuel down low.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
this is the calculator I made to adjust the base torque and defuel if you mess with the throttle table. I wouldn't mess with the base torque to increase torque. the ECM doesn't know the actual torque being made, it's just a calculation. PW and throttle tables are where it's at for increasing power. the base torque and torque limit injection quantity are used to calculate the fuel for shifting. not having those two tables in line with the throttle table will create bad shifts

Reactions: SmokeShow

darkness

Jul 15, 2009
vegas
I’ll check that out when I get a chance thank you! My truck 100% doesn’t shift bad, just a little too much defuel down low but not 1300 rpm 😝. This tune is for sure not stock trans safe lol. Maybe I’ll add that as a disclaimer.