My opinions of DD

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Things I have noticed over the last couple of years since I got my first d-max and started posting on the forums. This one is geared towards hot rodders and pullers. LOTS of good info. The people here have no problem referring you to another forum if it has the answer your looking for and it's not here. Like my Ignition Switch Tutorial on the place. Thought about putting it over here also if you want me to. The young bucks that are here are usually knowledgeable and respectful. They don't act like some punk kid who hasn't dropped an octave yet. On a couple of other site I have been to and no longer frequent, they do. got tired of it. Got tired of being told that the answer to my question is somewhere on the internet and to google it. or use the search feature. Now I know there are a lot of people that don't use search.But when I have a question about something. That's the first thing I do. Then I found the place. Has a lot of good info on it. But the drama was starting to get so thick that it was getting harder to learn anything new. It's starting to get a little bit better now. But still needs some help. Then I found this place. And the docter gave me a script of drama be gone. All of the good and VERY LITTLE of the bad. There will always be some drama no matter where you go. But this place seems to keep it to a minimum. A LOT of good info here. The people are usually nice to each other. And when they can't be nice, they take it to the PM's. MOST of the time.I have to say that I have learned alot about diesels in general and Duramax's from here and the place. and Rick's site. Those are the 3 sites I frequent the most. And have them on my Bookmarks Toolbar. One other thing I have noticed about this site is, a person can ask a question that is a little bit different than one that has been asked. And get an answer. Not, look it up. Not all problems happen the same way. One small thing that happened different from another problem could mean it has a different answer. And you people understand that. I thank you for all the help I have gotten from all of you. Whether it was directly, or in directly. I don't post much because most of my questions were already answered. I try to help as much as I can as well. Ok, I will shut up now. I talk to much.:D

Last edited:

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
I agree with all the positive statements made in here, I have PM Kat before when things were gettin out of hand with a meber and she was actually attacked her and the site, she was heated you could tell by her post, So I let her know what I thought about the site and what a good job all the mods do and the admins. I have never been to a site so full of knowledge, some of the fastest D-Maxes around are on here. Being brought up around a raceing crowd and a crowd where everyone tries to make sure there truck is the baddest, I have found it very hard to find usefull tech out in the real world to many people try and keep everything a secret. I help where I can and when I can but my knowledge is limited compared to 99% of all of you. As others that have been overseas know it is good to have a place to visit and read to pass the time and I was lucky enuff to be led to this site by Jim (GMCLBZ).

Just keep up the good work all. Admins, Mods and members. And thenks to TheBac for starting a thread like this, I think it was needed and it was time to say thanks.