MPI twins, Rob Coddens economy tune HP numbers??

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale FL/Switzerland
I have to bring it to one of their dyno partners.
I know I can detune it even more, but if the numbers are the same as stock or even lower, they will realize that something is fishy with that numbers and the big turbo. But if im within the 20% more I might be able to get the MPI kit street legal over here.
I talked to Rob already he dosnt know the HP number of the eco tune.

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
Tell them the twin kit use is for towing heavy weight. Can you go dyno it somewhere on the econo tune and check to see where it is? Im sure it will be more than the 20% your allowed.

Mika

Bastardo Finlandias
Oct 25, 2008
Finland
20% rule with rise of power is here too. With cars and bikes.
At 2004 I took my -03 turbo ZX-12 to licening it with turbo, I had to get emission tests in test bench in factory that manufactures catalysators to prove it goes with euro2 specs.
I dont even try to get my trucks turbos legal because that would be impossible.

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
20% rule with rise of power is here too. With cars and bikes.
At 2004 I took my -03 turbo ZX-12 to licening it with turbo, I had to get emission tests in test bench in factory that manufactures catalysators to prove it goes with euro2 specs.
I dont even try to get my trucks turbos legal because that would be impossible.

Same sh!t here! :mad:
But luckily my truck is considered as personal relocation goods.
This way I didnt have to pay any customs fees or taxes and I dont have to do the emmision test on a test bench.
But I still have to change alot of other things to pass the inspection.
They are very strict over here. :cop: :rules:

Last edited:

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010
Tell them the twin kit use is for towing heavy weight. Can you go dyno it somewhere on the econo tune and check to see where it is? Im sure it will be more than the 20% your allowed.

Im pretty sure it will be over 20% also, I might tune it down some more before I put it on a dyno. It is expensive to dyno it, and there are only a few around that can fit my truck.

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
Man I think you European guys are by far the biggest dmax gear heads on the planet. The crap you have to put up with to enjoy your sport and hobby and what you have to do and pay to enjoy it is totally amazing to me. You guys are the greatest.:thumb:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Man I think you European guys are by far the biggest dmax gear heads on the planet. The crap you have to put up with to enjoy your sport and hobby and what you have to do and pay to enjoy it is totally amazing to me. You guys are the greatest.:thumb:

X2 :thumb:Devoted

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
You can test fairly easy, but will need a little help.

Find someone with a similar weight/model truck, and get an acceleration number, like 30-80mph. Then back off your throttle table to adjust your truck accordingly.

With that 20% law, just be glad you don't have a 1998-2002 Camaro or Firebird. They put out over 20% more than rated horsepower off the showroom floor.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Footnote:

Most emissions dynos I've seen cannot load an engine enough to get a stock Duramax to spool up completely. They need a heavy roller on an inertial dyno, and that's not typical for dynos design for cars.

You will probably be just fine with a stock or tow tune, but do an acceleration test just in case.

Swisstyphoon

Jan 2, 2010

We really have to go through alot, before they let us enjoy our hobby.