Help: mostly a reader with a tuning question

JimT103

Aug 20, 2016
Kansas
So I read a lot of threads and but don't ever post, but now im left scratching my head. I have a 2007.5 ccsb that I have done a efi tuner and dsp5 switch, exhaust, down pipe, and had the egr removed and blocked and some time back the right rear up pipe split at the egr bellow and so I removed the up pipe and cut off the egr extension and welded it shut. so just this week I finished an install of a rebuilt lly turbo that was converted to a 10 vane turbine and a 68mm billet compressor wheel and housing. and installed a hsp y bridge and cold pipe over the alt and installed a hsp hot side pipe. and installed a lml left exhaust manifold. so it runs ok but not what I was expecting. the truck seem lagie and when towing it goes in to reduced power and the vane position defaults to 100% and makes no boost. I'm running in dsp position 4 according to the paper work that I got with the tuner its a 100hp tune. no codes set and you pull over and cycle the key and good to go for another 5 miles until it does it all over again. I'm wondering if it needs a custom tune for my set up I'm thinking it thinks its and over boost problem. any advise?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
2x

Let your tuner know what you have done to your truck and they can make the necessary changes to the programming

JimT103

Aug 20, 2016
Kansas
I checked for codes and nothing stored, so pluged in my tech 2 and nothing stored. sounds like yall are thinking the same as me, thanks!

Dallas S

Jun 17, 2009
Alberta
Tuner probly has p0299 shut off. Long and short is the max vane tables are limiting the boost below what the desired boost tables are requesting. Running lower boost then the desired for "x" amount of time will throw underboost and reduced power mode(limp).

JimT103

Aug 20, 2016
Kansas
I will check for a boost leak but I feel sure there isn't one, what your described sounds like that's what is the problem, since it only happens under load for extended throttle like a long 4th gear pull up a slight grade