more boost?

racinmike77

Sep 14, 2008
MD
So we want to lower the max vane % for more boost, thats a good start and just keep logging?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
No you just want to make sure your not limiting boost because of the max vane table. The higher the Vane% the more they are closed so the harder the turbo is spun which = more boost.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
No you just want to make sure your not limiting boost because of the max vane table. The higher the Vane% the more they are closed so the harder the turbo is spun which = more boost.

So if my desired boost pressure higher than what the real boost actually is, I need to close the vanes mores to actually get that extra boost?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
As long as EFI is working properly, the desired boost tables should be all that needs to be adjusted to get the boost you want. Just add 4 psi to the area of the tables you want more boost.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Thats what I thought Josh, that the desired table is the master table so to speak. I tried the other day and nothing. I guess all the problems I had TC, low boost, falls on face etc etc can be traced to my stock alli.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
What kind of boost are you seeing? You may need to adjust the max vane tables if they are limiting your vane position. That usually isn't the case with the LBZ turbo as the turbine housing is quite a bit tighter than an LLY turbo. Have you looked for boost leaks?

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
I run about 29 when the tc locks then it falls to about 25 then shifts and goes back up then falls again with the rpms. I have not found any leaks though I have never pressure tested the system

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
EDIT: I actually just remembered that i didnt change the vane max table so ill try that when i get back in town. just took a peak and I really need to.That should work for me

But I guess I just assumed that lower vane position would create more air flowed?