Mishimoto Performance Radiator for Duramax.....?

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
I just left my budy's shop that does a lot of dodge stuff and it seems like every truck there had a mishimoto intercooler on it. Very nice quality pieces. I haven't seen one for our trucks but after seeing the quality of the dodge ones I wouldn't hesitate to run one. Plus it said they have a lifetime guarantee.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I just found these products while searching for an intercooler hot side pipe, I saw all the related products for the duramax/LBZ and thought is was worth the mention, also, somewhere I remember reading that there weren't any radiator options for us other than custom fab stuff, maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought the radiator was especially nice and they claim it's a drop in replacement, so that means it should have the threaded inlet and return bungs welded into the end tank and internal cooling for the transmission cooler lines :thumb:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Give us a call for the Hot Side tube!

Joe-

I looked to your website for this part and couldn't find one :confused:

Thanks for the reply, I'll call you up monday;)

Been looking at your twin kits, wanting a triple kit, don't have the cash, but a hot side intercooler pipe is a small step right:rofl:

Thanks Joe:hug:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Never mind Joe, my mistake, it was there clear as day:eek:

Found it, and it's exactly what I'm looking for too, as I intend to heat wrap it and heat coat it:thumb:

http://hspdiesel.com/LLY-LBZ-LMM-Hot-Side-Tube-126.htm

Like this:

picture.php

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
:happy2::happy2::thumb::thumb::hello:

That there is right pretty heat wrapping :thumb:

Thank you kindly sir:thumb:
I ran out of the Hi Temp coating and ordered up a couple more cans, so there will be another coat applied before installation, but I thought they turned out pretty good and I also thought this was a good alternative to a more expensive/professional option, but maybe not as "clean" looking or flashy...

The 1"x50' roll and (2) 2"x50' rolls of heat wrap, SS ties and now 4 cans of Hi temp coating (man that tape just sucks it up, lol) cost wise I'm into wrapping and coating the intercooler pipes, down pipe and manifolds and up pipes for about $200, not too shabby;) and it looks alright, sporty and kinda gangsta
:roflmao:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Normally a crankcase evacuation system will not work on an exhaust system with a muffler. Just an FYI.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Normally a crankcase evacuation system will not work on an exhaust system with a muffler. Just an FYI.

On a naturally aspirated engine I can see the argument, running a big lopey cam and a chambered style muffler like a flow master 40series, with no check valve in the PCV restricting back pressure from entering the crankcase, and having little vacuum to work with, but not on this:confused: could you explain your thoughts, please.

if I'm guessing your stance on this correctly, the moroso check valve keeps anything from getting back into the crank case

The way it's set up, the exhaust is always pulling crank case gasses just as the turbo did through the compressor housing the way the factory set it up, no different volume or pressures are really in effect, the system is just plumbed into the other side of the turbo.

I checked the valve, there's no soot accumulation on the exhaust side, no oil accumulation on the engine side of the valve and no oils in the down pipe

And no more oil spots under my parking spot, down my chassis or oil/gaseous smell while idling:thumb:

It works well for me....:D

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
The whole point of the system is to vacuum out the crankcase under load. That is when the crankcase pressure is the highest. Unfortunately that is also when the back pressure in a full exhaust with a muffler is the highest. Very little gain according to most manufacturers.

If it is enough for your scenario then it is good enough. :D

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Ahh...

Thanks for the response:thumb:

I just wanna make sure I'm not possibly damaging anything by running it like that

That makes complete sense, do you think that using an aftermarket muffler with a "straight thru" design would eliminate any concerns?

I've had such a great experience with this set up on my d-max I'm thinking of doing it on my Golf R as well, I installed a catch can into the PCV system but I don't want to drain the damn thing or worry about icing issues up in the mountains...some guys have had issues with that, I don't wanna be one of them

The R has an aftermarket downpipe and exhaust with straight thru magnaflow muffler, so welding a bung into the DP for the PCV wouldn't be all that difficult

I appreciate your input, thanks Rick

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I have a few of the mishimoto intercoolers out there. Everyone is loving them. I also sent out a couple sets of their radiator hoses which look great.

They are working on some new stuff specific for us Dmax guys ;)

Sent from my iPhone.