Miller TIG welder repair

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Anybody on know anything about fixing a miller welder? I have a Syncrowave 200 TIG that looks brand new, was roughly 1 year old when I bought it and used as a backup machine in a small shop. I hooked it up yesterday and can't get it to work. When the foot pedal in pressed, the machine displays "over temp" in the 2 screens. It also popped a 50 amp breaker once while I was trying it. I searched and haven't had much luck finding this issue. Reading the manual I should be seeing "over temp recf or xmfr", but all I'm getting is "over temp" Any suggestions on what it could be or where too start looking? Thanks

DuramaxPowered

Pushing my luck....
Jan 27, 2008
Monroe, MI
Have you pulled the covers off and looked for a short circuit? If you are popping a 50 amp breaker without actually welding, there is a massive short inside the machine.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Yup, pulled both sides off and checked everything. Nothing wrong in my eyes, or my buddy who does it for a living. Out of the 7-10 times we tried it, the breaker only popped once.

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
Good catch. I bought a Hobart 135 at a pawn shop a few years ago for $200. It was almost brand new. The guy that brought it in was fed up with it. He used it once after buying it brand new. And it quit working on him. PS said they didn't know what was wrong with it. I bought it and took it home. Looked at it for about 20 minutes and found the trigger in the handle was just disconnected. LOL Was one of the best finds I ever had.